Jack Skille

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
In his case it's gonna be longer than the others. The transition to NCAA been okay. You will heard it more about him next year. He's big and natural. He has huge upside. He's gonna be the kind of player you will need when you're gonna go to the war. He has a good heavy shot and accurate. He likes to deliver and throwing big hits. It's just a matter of time when you gonna see it put it all together.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
True. Better the 2nd half of his 1st NCAA season (more quality time & linemates). Started throwing himself around more, and scoring that OT goal in the Frozen Four was HUGE (for him especially). We anticipate him being in Chi in a couple years.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I saw Skille play regularly this year and Hartnell is a pretty good comparison - although I think he has more offensive potential than Scott.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
GaryU said:
True. Better the 2nd half of his 1st NCAA season (more quality time & linemates). Started throwing himself around more, and scoring that OT goal in the Frozen Four was HUGE (for him especially). We anticipate him being in Chi in a couple years.
Pretty common for a frosh to need so time to adjust, especialy on a talented team like Wisco where they have to work their way up on the depth chart.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I was not enthusiatic when the Hawks picked him---wanted Kopitar instead--- thought Skille had a terrible WJHC --not impressed with his frosh season at wisconsin--but listened to all the excuses--his young age--the Wisconsin defense-first "systyem" held back his attack style /talent etc...I didn't buy the excuses...

Having said all that negative stuff about him--Skilke will emege as a big scorer for the Badgers this season IF they put him with "the KID" ( sensational recruit Kyle Turris who is going to make everyone in NCAA hockey think that Phil The Thrill over in Minnesota was a nothing in comparison)--Turris will set up Skille so many times he cannot fail to score bigtime plus Skille will collect so many assists as Turris assaults the NCAA scoring records for goals)--in short Skille will now get a lot of help so that he can't possibly fail...

Last edited:

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Turris has to finish high school before he can attend college, and that's not going to happen this season.

I saw Skille at the end of the year and he was a horse. I think he has a chance to be a very good PF.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Marc-E- said:
He doesn't posses the Guerin's speed, but he has a similar package in terms of scoring blistering shot. He reminds me Scott Hartnell 6 years ago.
great comparison there. I didn't really get the Guerin comparisons to be honest.. Skille is a more offensively talented Hartnell.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jake1 said:
Turris has to finish high school before he can attend college, and that's not going to happen this season.

I saw Skille at the end of the year and he was a horse. I think he has a chance to be a very good PF.

Hey! Don't let facts get in the way or anything........

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
ChicagoFlyer said:
BTW, Why do Skille and Phil Kessel not get along?

From what i have heard lately they buried it. They were both hockey stars in WI and they had thier little fights. Nothing that big. Just kids being kids. And parents being parents wanting thier kid to be the star.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad