Jack Skille and Ryan Stoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
august said:
Can someone give me a scouting reports on these two player?

Thanks

There is another thread here about these two players.

I have seen both play a couple of times. Personally, I like Stoa better. His play stands out a lot more. He is better w/ the puck. I think he is a better skater and stick handler. His passes are accurate and have steam. More finesse then physical but he goes into high traffic areas. He is sound in the D zone, though older scouting says that he isn't very good D wise, but when I have seen him he was good in the D zone. Shoot he broke up a two on one and he also gets back into the play.

Skille is much more physical. Goes to the net very well and is very hard to move once he is there. He has good hands and very good a garbage goals and tipping the puck. He makes his living in front of the net. He has received a lot of credit and jumped in some rankings due to one tournament. U18 WJC will dictate a lot of where he goes in the draft.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Skille has the better overall skill IMO. Stoa is good, and has size going for him. I take Stoa because of his size, and he's not bad in the skill department either.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
MaDdY said:
Skille has the better overall skill IMO. Stoa is good, and has size going for him. I take Stoa because of his size, and he's not bad in the skill department either.

Why do you think that? Not trying to be arguementative, but just curious.

When I saw both play, I was more impressed w/ Stoa. Granted the 1st game he was on a line w/ Kessel, but the 2nd had him on a line w/ McVoy and Mueller. He just seems to do more w/ the puck. Skille reminds me more of a bull.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
When i saw Skille, he seemes more glued to the stick and was checking throughout. However, he's 6'1...Stoa on the other hand is 6'3 i think, and isnt as physical as Skille. My point isnt that strong but i would say lots of teams will take Stoa ahead of him only because of size...dont you think :dunno: ?

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
MaDdY said:
When i saw Skille, he seemes more glued to the stick and was checking throughout. However, he's 6'1...Stoa on the other hand is 6'3 i think, and isnt as physical as Skille. My point isnt that strong but i would say lots of teams will take Stoa ahead of him only because of size...dont you think :dunno: ?

I agree that Skille is more physical. He also seems more built. Stoa looks tall and slender. But I like Stoa's stick abilities more then Skille. Kind of like comparing Keith Tkachuck to Pav. Demitra (size taken out of equation). Stoa, like Demitra, is better with the puck on his stick a lot slicker player - and Demitra does go to high traffic areas, Skille is like Tk in that he is physical, can carry the puck but not flashy with it. Makes his living in front of the net and has good hands.

I think Skille may be taken 1st due to his style of play. Plus the hype from one Tournament. But if both players are on the board when St. Louis picks, I would rather have Stoa.

Mueller is another player that could be 1st round material. I think a lot will depend, for these 3, on how the U18 WJC goes. They can help or hurt there cause.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Frenzy1 said:
I agree that Skille is more physical. He also seems more built. Stoa looks tall and slender. But I like Stoa's stick abilities more then Skille. Kind of like comparing Keith Tkachuck to Pav. Demitra (size taken out of equation). Stoa, like Demitra, is better with the puck on his stick a lot slicker player - and Demitra does go to high traffic areas, Skille is like Tk in that he is physical, can carry the puck but not flashy with it. Makes his living in front of the net and has good hands.

I think Skille may be taken 1st due to his style of play. Plus the hype from one Tournament. But if both players are on the board when St. Louis picks, I would rather have Stoa.

Mueller is another player that could be 1st round material. I think a lot will depend, for these 3, on how the U18 WJC goes. They can help or hurt there cause.

Mueller is only available for 2006 and he will probably go top 5.

But thanks for the reports on both Skille and Stoa. They're both, with Jack Johnson, the best eligible prospects I've not seen this year.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
markov` said:
Mueller is only available for 2006 and he will probably go top 5.

But thanks for the reports on both Skille and Stoa. They're both, with Jack Johnson, the best eligible prospects I've not seen this year.

I didn't realize Mueller wasn't available until 06. He and Kessel... Good to see US is starting to really develop high end tallent. Seemed like we were in a bit of a dry spell.

Chuck Schwartz

Dec 11, 2004
Wisconsin
www.buckyhockey.com
I personally have been more impressed with Skille. Most of the year Stoa has been playing with Kessel and Mueller who are obviously the best two kids on the team. Skille has basically for the most part been playing by himself and putting up points. I think thats the only reason why Stoa has as many points is because of the kids on his line.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
I'd go with Stoa. The kid has all the natural tools you would want and I think he has better stick skills and skates better than Skille does. The only advantage I would give Skille is in physical play but its not as if that cannot be developed in a 6'3 player like Stoa.

CH Wizard

Does anybody can give me a link with the USNTDP team stats?

I know that Kessell is tearing it up.Mueller (Skille and Stoa have the same numbers , I think)is having a good season.Johnson is the best d out there imo.

CH Wizard

cagney said:
USNTDP Stats

It's a Word document (missing stats from one recent U17 game).

Thx , alot.Wow , Skille seems to be very CLUTCH! 5 GW ! I've only seen Skille play once and he's really impressive physically , I think Skille is exactly what the habs need for right now.I also like Stoa , in the majority of the scouting reports on him , it's written that he's a good goalscorer.I've seen him play and his playmaking skills are really underrated , he can make some impressive accurate passes.On the pp , he's very dangerous.Stoa is a good all around play (he wasn't that bad defensively from the game I seen) but so is SKille.Stoa is bigger but I've not seen him use his size so often.

Like someone else said , what the most impressive about Skille is that he isn't playing on the top line but he's racking up the points.

I'd take Skille over Stoa , no doubt.I though , I'd be able to see another game of the UNSTDP team but I won't have the oppurtunity. :rant:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
The Great One said:
Thx , alot.Wow , Skille seems to be very CLUTCH! 5 GW ! I've only seen Skille play once and he's really impressive physically , I think Skille is exactly what the habs need for right now.I also like Stoa , in the majority of the scouting reports on him , it's written that he's a good goalscorer.I've seen him play and his playmaking skills are really underrated , he can make some impressive accurate passes.On the pp , he's very dangerous.Stoa is a good all around play (he wasn't that bad defensively from the game I seen) but so is SKille.Stoa is bigger but I've not seen him use his size so often.
I think he uses his size well, really able to shield the puck. But he isn't as physical.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Primetime955 said:
Skille isnt as physical as Stoa? How many games have you seen, 1? Stoa is 6'3 and hasnt touched anyone this year.

I was talking abuot Stoa not skille.

CH Wizard

Frenzy1 said:
I think he uses his size well, really able to shield the puck. But he isn't as physical.

Hmm, I think you're right.From what I've seen , he's using more his size to make him space (to drive to the net).I think , he'll be dangerous when he'll use his size to forecheck and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->