Recalled/Assigned: Jack Roslovic signs ELC [now recalled 04/02/2017]

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Not directly, but the apologizing that goes on and on for the team is crazy. Imagine you could be terrible at your job while getting paid millions with no consequences. SIGN ME UP!

I'm not talking about the players obv.

I'm sure there are many people at my former place of employment who would say that I was. :laugh:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
centers for next year...
Scheif
Little
Lowry
Roslo

wingers...
Wheeler
Ehlers
Connor
Laine
Armia
Copp
MP
Dano
Matthias
Tanev

nott bad...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
centers for next year...
Scheif
Little
Lowry
Roslo

wingers...
Wheeler
Ehlers
Connor
Laine
Armia
Copp
MP
Dano
Matthias
Tanev

nott bad...

Probably not far off, but I'd expect to lose one of the forwards in the XD. I'm also guessing Petan sticks around for now.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I honestly think this will be Petan's biggest TC this fall and expect him to start with the Moose.

I have Tanev there because or a pressbox seat. Chevy has mentioned that he will be looking for help on the PK so I am assuming he wull add a forward to this list...I hope it's Jordan Staal.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
I honestly think this will be Petan's biggest TC this fall and expect him to start with the Moose.

I have Tanev there because or a pressbox seat. Chevy has mentioned that he will be looking for help on the PK so I am assuming he wull add a forward to this list...I hope it's Jordan Staal.

6mil a year for a 3C to help out the PK seems pretty ridiculous.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

I hope they get some defensemen to play the pk too.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Thorburn is a Tough Guy

lawless said recently that it is the players who feel more comfortable with thorburn in the lineup. could that be true?

I do believe this !!! - if you have young talented players like Kyle Conor and Ehlers, they can sometimes get intimidated by guys roughing them up- and they don't perform well. Thorburn is a hard skater, and hustles, and will stick up for his teammates. ( not a scorer, or playmaker) Don't forget Gretzky always had Semenko, or Mc Sorley protecting him. I personally can see Thorburn being useful on this team. He's a tough guy and will always drop the gloves if needed, and the young guys play with more confidence.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
6mil a year for a 3C to help out the PK seems pretty ridiculous.

Canes would have to retain 1m. He is 28 years old, 6' 4" 220 lbs and one of the best checking centers in the league and a leader. He'll put up 45 points on a poor team. With Armia on RW and MP on the LW, he'd be in the 50-55 point range. Great at PKing.

Myers and our 2018 first would probably do it. Might even get a 3rd back.

we have a lot of offensively gifted forwards, Staal would be a great fit.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Such a great moment for Roslovic - I'd have preferred they brought him up sooner, but there is something really neat about being able to play your first NHL game in your "hometown" in front of a cadre of friends and family. Kudos to someone in the Jets front office for maneuvering it like this.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I think Connor slots in with Lowry armia. Then copp petan roslo fourth line.

Don't think Copp has done anything on the third line to warrant him being there, he truly is a 4th liner at best.

Would like Rosco to get some time on the third line. Classy move by the maligned Mo to give him his shot in his hometown!:handclap:

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Canes would have to retain 1m. He is 28 years old, 6' 4" 220 lbs and one of the best checking centers in the league and a leader. He'll put up 45 points on a poor team. With Armia on RW and MP on the LW, he'd be in the 50-55 point range. Great at PKing.

Myers and our 2018 first would probably do it. Might even get a 3rd back.

we have a lot of offensively gifted forwards, Staal would be a great fit.

You wanna give up Myers and our first for j Staal? That's a lot

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Jane Roslovic said more than 100 family and friends from the tightknit Columbus hockey community will attend the game.

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/2017...with-winnipeg-jets-returns-home-for-nhl-debut

But with a glint in his eye, Maurice acknowledged that the timing of Roslovic’s recall was more than coincidental. Maurice and his family lived in central Ohio from 2011 to ’13 while he coached in Russia and waited for the next NHL opportunity.

“I saw the Columbus Blue Jackets (youth) program up close,†Maurice said. “We saw the effort the organization has put into, and for markets like this to start producing players, it’s so important. It’s great for us because we get a great player. For the 5-year-old kids in Columbus to have somebody homegrown to look up to, it’s critical. And this is a great payoff.â€

Roslovic’s mother, Jane, has season tickets on the club level. His father, John, has had four seats on the glass of section 104 — right behind the visitors’ bench — since the early years of the franchise, when Jack was just getting up on skates.

“That’s how it started, when the Blue Jackets came to town,†Jack Roslovic said .“I went to some games and really found a love for it.â€

His favorite players: “Rick Nash, David Vyborny ... some of the old guys.â€

Roslovic counts many of the current Blue Jackets as friends from summer skates and workout programs. He played with Zach Werenski in the U.S. National Team Development Program.

Now, he takes a big leap to meet them at the next level.

Jane Roslovic said more than 100 family and friends from the tightknit Columbus hockey community will attend the game, including Roslovic’s coaches throughout his time with the Ohio AAA Blue Jackets program: Dan Cousineau, Todd Ehrie, Perry Ganchar, Gordy Haggard and Dale Jordan.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
This is a big deal in Columbus

And they must be so incredibly excited that they'll see him playing beside stars like Chris Thorburn and Brendan Tanev!! And maybe 4 minutes of playing time too!! Woohoo. So exciting.
Thanks for working so hard all year Jack. Enjoy your reward.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Pressure! Yikes. Hope J-Ro can just have some fun, maybe get a shot with some top 6 in the third period. Good for Columbus! Hope you lose, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->