Recalled/Assigned: Jack Roslovic signs ELC [now recalled 04/02/2017]

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
This Dano - Roslovic - Connor line looks promising (if it actually plays tonight)

Saw a tweet about it.

Poor Petan still stuck with Thorb and Tanev

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
lawless said recently that it is the players who feel more comfortable with thorburn in the lineup. could that be true?

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
lawless said recently that it is the players who feel more comfortable with thorburn in the lineup. could that be true?

Did they say it? Sure.

Did they mean it? That's the real question.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary

Probably less they feel "comfortable" and more they like having him around. He's a great guy and teammate and good leader, just terrible at actually playing.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I never post line ups but I will make an acception. Keep in mind PMo will want Thor in (hope he doesn't)

Ehlers Schief Wheels (I am trying to be realistic with this)
MP Litts Laine
Connor Roslovic Armia
Copp Lowry Thor.

I like it too.

Rather have Dano than Thor. Rather have Tanev than Thor. :laugh:

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I never post line ups but I will make an acception. Keep in mind PMo will want Thor in (hope he doesn't)

Ehlers Schief Wheels (I am trying to be realistic with this)
MP Litts Laine
Connor Roslovic Armia
Copp Lowry Thor.

Bingo

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
This Dano - Roslovic - Connor line looks promising (if it actually plays tonight)

Saw a tweet about it.

I think what you are seeing is the auditioning for next year's 4th line.

You have your top 6 in place.

Copp-Lowry-Armia are a good defensive line, can play against any other team's top 9.

The rest are question marks.

Connor-Roslovic-Dano sounds good, Dano is the best forechecker of he, Tanev and Thorburn.
Roslovic can kill penalties which gives him an edge on Petan. Dano can help the PP, Maybe Connor gets a look over Petan. Tanev helps the PK.

These are the spots open next year, and gives a little motivation to everyone competing.

I hope that the last few games Thorburn sits, unless an injury replacement. He is probably the glue guy as Colby Armstrong described it that keeps the room loose, and keeps opponents honest. But it would be nice to see a different look.

redneckjabronie

Nov 17, 2015

Saw a tweet about it.

Would be nice to see some other NHL team pick Petan up in the off season, give him a legit shot, and have him stick in down the inept Jets throats.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
a 5th rounder should do it.

That seems foolishly low. The odds of a 5th rounder actually making a team are rather substantially slow. You may not like Petan or his play but he can, to a subjective degree, actually play in this league. Couple that with his usage (some guy named Ehlers looked pretty awful when saddled with Thorburn for the front half of his rookie season too) and I think that's a very bad trade.

JBM

Feb 1, 2017
Canada
It would be interesting how Roslo would do on the second line. Move Little down to the third line just for this game to see how Rolso can perform with top end players.
Put Connor on the third line and if Rolso can hold his own, we have 3 extremely dangerous lines.
Put MP back on the first line so Ehlers can help drive the play on the second.

MP - Scheifs - Wheeler
Ehlers - Rolso - Laine
Connor - Little - Armia
Copp - Lowry - Petan/Dano

Sure Little might give us a better shot at winning on the second line, but at this point in the year who cares. Give Roslo the experience, it will push him and give him a goal to work towards in the future.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Yeah I'd like to see Thorburn yanked to give the Roslo and Connor a real chance with a scoring line. I'm ok if they put Thor back in for the last game of the year, at home, for what could be the swan song for a longtime and much loved Jet (except on HFBoards ;) ).

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
That seems foolishly low. The odds of a 5th rounder actually making a team are rather substantially slow. You may not like Petan or his play but he can, to a subjective degree, actually play in this league. Couple that with his usage (some guy named Ehlers looked pretty awful when saddled with Thorburn for the front half of his rookie season too) and I think that's a very bad trade.

Ehlers looked much better playing with thorburn than Petan.

Ehlers wasn't producing offensively but overall he looked way better than Petan.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ehlers had 0 points in 10 games on 1st and or 2nd line this year. Is that Thorburns fault too.

You have to ask? Of course it is. :shakehead

Petan has no business being on the 4th line - ever. With or without Thor. He is a playmaker. Jets run an 'energy 4th line'. Its job is to get the puck into the O zone and get a face-off there. Then get off the ice. That is no role for Petan. What a complete ******* waste!

We have 2 perfectly competent bottom 6 C's. Use them. Petan would be much better with the Moose than on the 4th line. :shakehead Somebody please buy Maurice a clue.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

No player is going to throw a teammate under the bus. So of course they will say that.

Honestly I find the idea of enforcer making people feel "more comfortable" incredibly insulting to the rest of team. I mean it implies the rest of the team is scared of the big bad wolf and will run and hide without their protector. It's ridiculous.

In reality players love to see opposing teams using goons, since that means they have a much better chance to go out and score goals when that scrub is out on the ice. It's really beneficial to them. I'm sure they laugh when they see a guy like that out there, it's points night.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
This may sound like an obvious question, but I've quickly learned that there is no such thing as an obvious question with Maurice at the helm...
We have so much forward talent, why do we have to run a:
first line
second line
Checking Line
Energy line.

With all the talent, why can't we run a
1) First scoring line - Schweelers
2) Second scoring line - Little, Laine, Perreault
3) Checking line (Armia, Lowry, Copp)
4) Additional scoring line. Connor, Roslovic, Petan.

Isn't that 4th line MILES AHEAD of Thorburn, Petan and Tanev?

And make Lowry the official face puncher if we really need one.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Checking lines only exist because teams don't have the depth to have 4 lines of offense. we do. A checking line is not a goal. If a coach actually purposefully uses weaker players to create a lineup according some illogical premise, he doesn't belong in the game. Why do we let these guys perpetuate this ********? We are the customers.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Checking lines only exist because teams don't have the depth to have 4 lines of offense. we do. A checking line is not a goal. If a coach actually purposefully uses weaker players to create a lineup according some illogical premise, he doesn't belong in the game. Why do we let these guys perpetuate this ********? We are the customers.

Asked and answered. As customers, we don't get a say in the matter.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Asked and answered. As customers, we don't get a say in the matter.

Not directly, but the apologizing that goes on and on for the team is crazy. Imagine you could be terrible at your job while getting paid millions with no consequences. SIGN ME UP!

I'm not talking about the players obv.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This may sound like an obvious question, but I've quickly learned that there is no such thing as an obvious question with Maurice at the helm...
We have so much forward talent, why do we have to run a:
first line
second line
Checking Line
Energy line.

With all the talent, why can't we run a
1) First scoring line - Schweelers
2) Second scoring line - Little, Laine, Perreault
3) Checking line (Armia, Lowry, Copp)
4) Additional scoring line. Connor, Roslovic, Petan.

Isn't that 4th line MILES AHEAD of Thorburn, Petan and Tanev?

And make Lowry the official face puncher if we really need one.

Take it a step further:
1) First scoring line - Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine
2) Second scoring line - MP - Little - Wheeler
3) Third scoring line - Dano - Petan - Armia
4) Fourth scoring line. Copp - Lowry - Matthias
I've just listed players we have now and left the prospects out for simplicity. There are far too many possible combinations to go into. My list is what I think we should have been running recently when healthy. Just try to put a line out there that will outscore the line they are matched up against. If an opposing coach tries to mess us up by putting a top 6 line out against one of our bottom 6 lines then our top 6 line will overpower their bottom 6 line.

When Connor and Roslovic move in full time some players will be pushed down, or out. 1 F will go to LV.

Maybe after all the dust has settled Petan is the odd man out. I wouldn't use him in the PB, I think that would be a waste but maybe after even a half season playing with skilled linemates he will have established some trade value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad