Jack Michaels

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Your Cat Michaels
1684717502662673.jpg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Never like Jack on the radio, as I felt a certain type of broadcaster is needed to describe the play to the listener, and he got carried away with other inane stuff. Throw in Bob Stauffer to further distract him, and it's like a couple buds sitting at the game together, making the odd descriptive comment.
However, when he went to TV, I was pleasantly surprised. The sideshow really doesn't matter much there, as the viewer can stay connected without a voice. And then you could actually sit back and enjoy some of his signature ramblings.

Singh is better now, as his nuances for the game have got better, but he still slips back into it now and then. But I don't find him very inspiring or connective.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Never like Jack on the radio, as I felt a certain type of broadcaster is needed to describe the play to the listener, and he got carried away with other inane stuff. Throw in Bob Stauffer to further distract him, and it's like a couple buds sitting at the game together, making the odd descriptive comment.
However, when he went to TV, I was pleasantly surprised. The sideshow really doesn't matter much there, as the viewer can stay connected without a voice. And then you could actually sit back and enjoy some of his signature ramblings.

Singh is better now, as his nuances for the game have got better, but he still slips back into it now and then. But I don't find him very inspiring or connective.
Stauffer is the weak link for me on the radio. Radio isn't a place to sit and bullshit with your buddy.

At least on TV you can get away with it at times as people can watch the play, but radio needs to be much more about describing what's happening. Not where so and so played pee wee hockey.

Reactions: Stoneman89

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
The drop off from the great broadcasters of days gone by is sad and disturbing. (Old man get off my lawn voice)
So many great voices over the years on TV and radio, that bring back memories. Still can remember a lot of Rod Phillips calls, many, many years later. Could sit there and clearly see what was happening on the ice, all through his voice. His description during fights were also typically funny as hell!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So many great voices over the years on TV and radio, that bring back memories. Still can remember a lot of Rod Phillips calls, many, many years later. Could sit there and clearly see what was happening on the ice, all through his voice. His description during fights were also typically funny as hell!
Oilers never lost a fight when Rod was calling the games.;)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Although toward the end of his career he'd miss calling a fight all together. Will never forget coming back from ice fishing and my mom saying there was a big fight. Yet somehow it was completely missed on the radio :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad