Jack Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say 5-20 would be a more realistic estimate at this time, but who knows with an entire season left to play.

Johnson is an offensive defensman who retains his defensive credibility. He's not overly big or physical but he's very smooth and skilled for his age. Some people are making ludicrous comparisons to Brian Leetch, way premature for anything like that although he plays the same type of game.

X-SHARKIE

BrooklynCanuck said:
I would say 5-20 would be a more realistic estimate at this time, but who knows with an entire season left to play.

Johnson is an offensive defensman who retains his defensive credibility. He's not overly big or physical but he's very smooth and skilled for his age. Some people are making ludicrous comparisons to Brian Leetch, way premature for anything like that although he plays the same type of game.

I like the Leetch comparison, not saying he'll be that good but he plays that game.
Johnson is one of the smooooothest skaters i've seen. He has great speed, great acceleration and just sooo smooth. He also mans the point very well, excelent on the point, very very very smart defensively, one of the smartest defenseman his age i've seen.

He's a talent.

outKast*

i have never seen him play more than 5 games. to tell you the truth i have never seen him play a game. i don't want to pass judgement on a player who i've never seen play myself. unlike a lot of people.

X-SHARKIE

outKast said:
i have never seen him play more than 5 games. to tell you the truth i have never seen him play a game. i don't want to pass judgement on a player who i've never seen play myself. unlike a lot of people.

I've played with him at a camp here in Madison Wisconsin, and the other one here says he's seen him at a prospects camp.

We've seen him play.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
ndhockey21 said:
I would like to know alot about him. Do you have a link to the team he is going to play for this year?

You can follow him (and the rest of the NTDP guys) here when the season starts.

The vibe on this thread seems to indicate that he plays a pure finesse style. However, I've always been under the impression that he has a mean streak. His NTDP leading 171 PIMs in 60 games seems to back this up. Can anyone who's seen him play confirm or deny this?

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
outKast said:

Thanks for the insight.

dafranchz

JACK JOHNSON-For his age, he has tremendous amount of ability. He is another slick d-man and moves well with and without the puck. His stick handling ability is just phenomenal. It has a "mean" streak when needed. As things get physical, Jack doesn't back down. He was very good on boths ends of protecting the blueline. In transition, he does a good job disrupting the flow in the nuetral zone. He is patient and has a good shot selection. He has a great slap shot and even a good wrister.

Next season, Jack will be up with the NTDP U-18 Team out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad