jack johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
this interview with jack johnson from mckeens back in march states that his dad (of the same name) spent time with the rangers & habs...but i don't see a 'jack johnson' listed in the player registry of the rangers media guide. does anyone know when he was with the rangers or habs? (or was he not a player)

http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=277799

hockeydb.com returned 1 "jack johnson" but shows no playing career after graduating from michigan state

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=26392

db23

He probably tried out in training camp for the Rangers and the Habs, but decided he didn't want to go through the grind of being a minor leaguer.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
DaveyCrockett said:
Jack Johnson is a top tier defense prospect in the 05' draft. He was recently at the Kings prospect camp along with Crosby.

yeah i know...the article though made reference to his dad having been with the rangers and habs making him a 2nd generation player, but i couldn't find any reference to his dad anywhere else...

speaking of johnson and crosby, they went to Shattuck-St. Mary’s and in the interview johnson said that crosby is one of his best friends (mentioning that people know about sidney as a player but most don't realize how great a kid he is)

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
NYR469 said:
yeah i know...the article though made reference to his dad having been with the rangers and habs making him a 2nd generation player, but i couldn't find any reference to his dad anywhere else...

speaking of johnson and crosby, they went to Shattuck-St. Mary’s and in the interview johnson said that crosby is one of his best friends (mentioning that people know about sidney as a player but most don't realize how great a kid he is)
Sorry, it was late at night and I missed the dad part.

db23

Apparently Johnson and Sid Crosby are the two best players in the Kings rookie camp. :help:

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
i got clarification from the guys over at mckeens...what was written in the article was an error. the 'jack johnson' that i found over at hockeydb.com (link in first post) is jack johnson's dad...drafted by chicago but never played in the nhl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad