Jack Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
You can't have a link for an opinion. I can link you back to that inital post if you like, but that wouldn't do either of us any good.

Nuhuh, not going to fly.

You said the following:

That and all the money he's missing right now playing in college because he's scared he can't live up to his own hype.

That's a pretty strongly worded statement. Hell, I'd say this sounds like someone is trying to present it as fact.

When someone sees something like this coming from a global moderator, they'd be tempted to believe it. You're supposed to be a role model, after all, along with your duties of disciplining trolling, baiting and otherwise unproductive community members.

And yet when someone asks you to present evidence backing up a statement that in no possible way could anyone have known was opinion by the way in which you worded it, you revert to "oh, it's my opinion".

Unfortunately, there's no rule against blatantly lying. But if these are the types of underhanded tactics that global moderators are resorting to, I can't help but lose trust in the people that are supposed to make this community a better place.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Nuhuh, not going to fly.

You said the following:

That's a pretty strongly worded statement. Hell, I'd say this sounds like someone is trying to present it as fact.

When someone sees something like this coming from a global moderator, they'd be tempted to believe it. You're supposed to be a role model, after all, along with your duties of disciplining trolling, baiting and otherwise unproductive community members.

And yet when someone asks you to present evidence backing up a statement that in no possible way could anyone have known was opinion by the way in which you worded it, you revert to "oh, it's my opinion".

Unfortunately, there's no rule against blatantly lying. But if these are the types of underhanded tactics that global moderators are resorting to, I can't help but lose trust in the people that are supposed to make this community a better place.

That was my impression as well.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Great post Mr. Bugg and Ziggy Stardust. You can say what you want Caniac but it should be quite clear here now that whatever you think is not transending. Everyone has called you out, just seriously stop for your own good please (Not trying to create an attack, just trying to prevent future ones)

Crosby87.*

All I have to say about Jack Johnson is negitive. I hate him.

wabwat

Aug 11, 2003
pasadena, ca.
Visit site
i think some of you have taken this s*** a little too far... the fact remains that Jack Johnson is STILL a baby for Pete's sake. let him breathe a little.

like i said in the beginning of the thread, it's a reach... barring any significant comments by those whom he's immediately surrounded by, any suggestions about this kid's character are ridiculously premature.

one guy's exuberance is another guy's a**hole.

Last edited:

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
This article:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2006/09/29/jack-johnson-kings.html

clearly states that the Canes did not want to wait for his development. They had the choice and they decided to try to defend the cup now.

They traded him to a team that was willing to wait. In return they got 2 players they could use now. The Kings got some potential for the future.

Perhaps the Pens didn't want thim for Stall. It is the Pens choice, they may want to build up their team with speed and offense. They get to decide. It does not mean anything bad against JJ.

Perhaps he didn't like the Canes and didn't want to live there? Perhaps he recognized that the Canes had won the cup and the downhill was beginning?

None of those things deserve your wacky hatred. He, just like your team made a choice in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->