Jack Johnson - where is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm pretty sure he's playing NCAA this year, but I'm not sure what school he's playing for. He did not attend the 'Canes camp because it ruins his eligibility to play in the NCAA.

Transported Upstater

Players for the US U-18's often join the team in the first place because it is the best place a young american hockey player can play while still retaining NCAA eligibility.

The moment you sign a CHL contract, you are ineligible for NCAA play.

As a whole, the only 18-year olds from the USA who will be in training camps are those who in the CHL.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
TransportedUpstater said:
Players for the US U-18's often join the team in the first place because it is the best place a young american hockey player can play while still retaining NCAA eligibility.

The moment you sign a CHL contract, you are ineligible for NCAA play.

As a whole, the only 18-year olds from the USA who will be in training camps are those who in the CHL.
He's playing for Michigan and had a goal and 2 assists tonight. Get a clue.

Transported Upstater

NCAA Hockey Fan said:
He's playing for Michigan and had a goal and 2 assists tonight. Get a clue.

:shakehead

I assumed the poster of the thread wasn't familiar with some aspects of the NCAA policy. I tried to add something to what Battochio30 already explained. I mentioned a difference between US Junior system and the Canadian one.

Did you read a word of my post before vomiting up that drivel?
Get a clue.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
:shakehead

I assumed the poster of the thread wasn't familiar with some aspects of the NCAA policy. I tried to add something to what Battochio30 already explained. I mentioned a difference between US Junior system and the Canadian one.

Did you read a word of my post before vomiting up that drivel?
Get a clue.
Yeah and you're clueless. Plus if you go by that crap it's useless as well. Because an NCAA player can go to training camp as long as they foot the bill.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
NCAA Hockey Fan said:
Yeah and you're clueless. Plus if you go by that crap it's useless as well. Because an NCAA player can go to training camp as long as they foot the bill.

so are you he had 1 g 3 a. so try to take it easy.

Transported Upstater

NCAA Hockey Fan said:

You got me on the "pay your own way" route; I assumed Johnson didn't pay his own way to camp. Good point. You got me on that.

But what is wrong with the rest of what I said? If you have a big enough problem with what I wrote to respond like a teenager, at least explain yourself.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
You got me on the "pay your own way" route; I assumed Johnson didn't pay his own way to camp. Good point. You got me on that.

But what is wrong with the rest of what I said? If you have a big enough problem with what I wrote to respond like a teenager, at least explain yourself.
Sorry i'm far from a teenager,yet wish I still was;) And i'm not trying to show you up with the him paying his way to camp.

Transported Upstater

NCAA Hockey Fan said:
Sorry i'm far from a teenager,yet wish I still was;) And i'm not trying to show you up with the him paying his way to camp.

I never said you WERE a teenager; I took offense to your response.

I personally don't see how telling me to "Get a clue" and then saying "you're clueless" is not trying to "show me up," but us arguing about this is ridiculous.

Good to see Johnson did well; UM will need a lot from him with the hit they've taken in the offseason (and from the fact that their football team...well...) I thought he was the #2 player available last year, although if Brule were 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier he would have been my unanimous #2.

Still liked Johnson though. And how was Cogliano?

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
I never said you WERE a teenager; I took offense to your response.

I personally don't see how telling me to "Get a clue" and then saying "you're clueless" is not trying to "show me up," but us arguing about this is ridiculous.

Good to see Johnson did well; UM will need a lot from him with the hit they've taken in the offseason (and from the fact that their football team...well...) I thought he was the #2 player available last year, although if Brule were 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier he would have been my unanimous #2.

Still liked Johnson though. And how was Cogliano?
I'm not a Michigan fan to begin with. I watched both on TV last night and Johnson is a stud and Cogliano certainly didn't look out of place. Michigan is a young team with 11 freshman in the lineup,but with the talent they have I bet they are in the NCAA tourney.

I went overboard with the clueless remark and I apologize for that as i thought you were serious with your initial remark.

Transported Upstater

NCAA Hockey Fan said:
I'm not a Michigan fan to begin with. I watched both on TV last night and Johnson is a stud and Cogliano certainly didn't look out of place. Michigan is a young team with 11 freshman in the lineup,but with the talent they have I bet they are in the NCAA tourney.

I went overboard with the clueless remark and I apologize for that as i thought you were serious with your initial remark.

:extends a beer in truce:

Man, I just left Cornell in 2003, and I'm already out of touch with the NCAA's...

I blame Cornell. And the total of 12 hours a sleep I got there over 4 years :madfire: :D

PMP5030

Apr 25, 2004
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Putting this thread back on topic:

Jack Johnson - WOW.

Seen him in 3 of UM's 4 games so far. He lives up to the hype. He's already Michigan's 2nd best defenseman right now (behind junior Matt Hunwick), and he will be the #1 guy by the end of the year. He is as complete a player as I've ever seen at the NCAA level, and it blows my mind he's only 4 games into his career. If he was a forward he'd be incredible too.

Friday night against Boston College he CRUSHED a BC forward at his own blueline, had a beautiful power play goal on a one-timer while moving backwards (!), and knocked BC goaltender Cory Schnieder's helmet off with a slapshot (!!!) Schnieder's lucky his head still wasn't in it. My God is he fun to watch.

A Good Flying Bird*

PMP5030 said:
Putting this thread back on topic:

Jack Johnson - WOW.

Seen him in 3 of UM's 4 games so far. He lives up to the hype. He's already Michigan's 2nd best defenseman right now (behind junior Matt Hunwick), and he will be the #1 guy by the end of the year. He is as complete a player as I've ever seen at the NCAA level, and it blows my mind he's only 4 games into his career. If he was a forward he'd be incredible too.

Friday night against Boston College he CRUSHED a BC forward at his own blueline, had a beautiful power play goal on a one-timer while moving backwards (!), and knocked BC goaltender Cory Schnieder's helmet off with a slapshot (!!!) Schnieder's lucky his head still wasn't in it. My God is he fun to watch.

Man, I couldn't believe how good he was last year with USNTDP ... but I wondered about the level of competition in tournaments and some of the non-college games ...
When I saw him against BC, he put all those questions to rest.
He is dominating in skill, speed, and hitting ... incredible. I wonder if he'll have to tone down his hitting in the NHL, not being huge ... but probably won't be an issue.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
TinCanCommunications said:
Man, I couldn't believe how good he was last year with USNTDP ... but I wondered about the level of competition in tournaments and some of the non-college games ...
He is dominating in skill, speed, and hitting ... incredible. I wonder if he'll have to tone down his hitting in the NHL, not being huge ... but probably won't be an issue.

He may tone down the hitting once he reaches the NHL, or he may not. His idol growing up WAS Vladimir Konstantinov (who was an ferocious open-ice hitter) after all.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Zamboner said:
This thread is awesome. So much random hate and such

Shut up before I track you down, throw honey on you, then throw you in the bear exhibit of the nearby zoo!

A Good Flying Bird*

Cruiser008 said:
He may tone down the hitting once he reaches the NHL, or he may not. His idol growing up WAS Vladimir Konstantinov (who was an ferocious open-ice hitter) after all.

Well, I've talked to him. I know he liked Konstantinov. But he especially patterns himself after his dad, who was a linebacker for U of M back in the day

MontrealCruiser_83*

Phaneuf wasn't any bigger at 18. It's not going to be an issue. JJ will be 6'2 215/220 when he plays his first NHL game.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
RedWingFan said:
Do you read even read posts before you reply?

Get an education
I already responded to the initial poster who I misinterpreted and apologized for doing so. And the peanut gallery jumps in later on(YOU) with some crap about education.LOL

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Well, I've talked to him. I know he liked Konstantinov. But he especially patterns himself after his dad, who was a linebacker for U of M back in the day

Wow that is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad