Jack Johnson or Ryan Suter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Maltais Falcon

Jan 9, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hate to pile on the Johnson thread bandwagon, but I am curious about how these two compare. Both are highly-regarded young Americans from the national development program. Both are well-rounded, skilled, similar in size, and play with quite a bit of attitude. Johnson looks to be a sure bet to be picked higher, but then the '05 draft doesn't look quite as deep as the '03 one.

Which one do you think is the better prospect?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
The Maltais Falcon said:
Hate to pile on the Johnson thread bandwagon, but I am curious about how these two compare. Both are highly-regarded young Americans from the national development program. Both are well-rounded, skilled, similar in size, and play with quite a bit of attitude. Johnson looks to be a sure bet to be picked higher, but then the '05 draft doesn't look quite as deep as the '03 one.

Which one do you think is the better prospect?

Personally, I think Johnson looked better than Suter did at a younger age...but Suter looked better than Johnson has as a 17 year old.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Interesting that you offered up this comparison as I thought of Suter when I read Johnson's profile. Similar size,tools,etc. That said, I'm not a huge Suter fan, and for the same reasons that I'm weary about his potential impact in the NHL, I am weary about Johnson's as well. If they both become #1 or #2 defensemen for their potential NHL teams, then I guess that I'll be eating crow!!!

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
tough call. I'd say they both play about the same, but Johnson is more physical IMO. Who turns out better will be determined by who has the better team in development. Not the team that is better, like in the standings, but who takes more time with the prospect.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Johnson has more skill than Suter could ever dream of. Suter has ridden the name for quite a while, just watch, in the long run Johnson will be way better. Remember, Johnson is still growing too.

Sammy*

Hab Fan said:
Johnson has more skill than Suter could ever dream of. Suter has ridden the name for quite a while, just watch, in the long run Johnson will be way better. Remember, Johnson is still growing too.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Levitate said:

Maybe he's just really tired of Suter and Johnson's potential impact in the NHL. :sarcasm: Don't assume, because that makes an ass out of U and Me.

All sillyness out of the way, if I had to pick between the two, i'd go with Jack Johnson. I think he has a signifigantly higher ceiling than Suter. This is not to take anything away from Suter, whom I believe has the potential to be a #1 defenceman in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->