Jack Johnson (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Jacobv2 said:
How are they holding him back?
Easy, they don't want their dmen to cross center ice. I was at the World 18's last year and he was dominant when they needed to score, other than that the US played to "not lose" rather than play to win. In fact, if they had turned Johnson, Kessel, Skille loose on Russia, they would have won.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Hab Fan said:
After watching and following this kid for the last few years, he should definately be a top 3 pick. He is definately the most talented d-man out there. He was awesome at the Kings prospect camp and by all accounts the best D at World Junior tryouts. Guess we'll see how much politics are really in USA Hockey? I have been, as well as many others, at his defensive ability. This is highly underrated due to his offensive skill. The kid REALLY hits and is tougher than nails. If a team is looking for a 15 year character guy, he's the one. I am hoping somehow the Habs can get him. Any US team would love to have him, the things they could do marketing wise are unbelieveable! Don't be suprised if the two former teamates, Crosby and Johnson, go 1 and 2!

#2 is one hell of a stretch, I'm not saying Brule has locked that position up, but right now, it's like comparing Ovechkin to Malkin. That being said, I would love for the habs to land him, though the prospects of that seem dim, dim I says. #3's a possibility as well, that's the spot that's being contested and I think Johnson has the upper hand over Latendresse, Bertram, Kindl, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad