Jack Johnson (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
Jack J. - where is he?

im sure most of you know, and it may have been posted, but where is he playing. i checked shattucks, then remembered he was probably on the u18. so i checked there but he has only played 4 games. is he hurt? did he go to college early?

leafaholix*

I'm pretty sure he's with the US National Development Team.

dangle

Oct 19, 2004
jj

According to USHR 10/29/04, he did not play against Manhatenville Collegedue to "disciplinary reasons".

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
k, but that still leaves 10 or so more games :)

thanks for digging that up. could be normal or bad. hopefully its just him doing something 17/18 year olds do :) and not something really stupid or having an attitude with the coach

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
cool thanks. you get to see him play? if so how is he progressing/playing. someone i would like to see in a jackets uni.

leafaholix*

Stats really don't mean anything, but he was -3 vs. Harvard with 2 shots on net, and +1 vs. Brown with 2 shots.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
The stats on the usahockey website are wrong. The only way to get the right stats as of now is to sign up to the mailing list.

Johnson has played in 9 games and has 1 goal and 7 assists.

Also, Phil Kessel has missed a number of games with a wrist injury. There is a possibility he could be out of action until after the U20 World Juniors which is unfortunate because I think he was a lock for the US team.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
He has missed 4 games this season with The u18 NDTP team, 2 with injury from a real cheap shot from behind and 2 from his retaliation to the kid who did it.This was imposed by his coaches who believe in "soft" hockey. I heard he REALLY got the kid back and sent a huge message to the other team as well. He not only is the most gifted offensive d-man, but plays d like a linebacker. He doesn't just hit, he hits to hurt. This kid , with his character, will end up top 3! Sure hope he ends up with Montreal. Understand he wears a Habs hat all the time.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Jack Johnson

After watching and following this kid for the last few years, he should definately be a top 3 pick. He is definately the most talented d-man out there. He was awesome at the Kings prospect camp and by all accounts the best D at World Junior tryouts. Guess we'll see how much politics are really in USA Hockey? I have been, as well as many others, at his defensive ability. This is highly underrated due to his offensive skill. The kid REALLY hits and is tougher than nails. If a team is looking for a 15 year character guy, he's the one. I am hoping somehow the Habs can get him. Any US team would love to have him, the things they could do marketing wise are unbelieveable! Don't be suprised if the two former teamates, Crosby and Johnson, go 1 and 2!

hockeyGod

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Wow I've never seen Jack rated this high. I think him going number two is a stretch tho. Brule has locked that position up. But the number three spot is up for grabs. A team like Cbus or even the Caps could use a guy like this.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Can't go wrong with that name.

Jack Johnson = famous boxer
Jack Johnson = famous baseball player
Jack Johnson = famous musician
Jack Johnson = famous hockey player???

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I have seen him play a number of times. I guess I just don't see how he is rated so high. He is a very good player but if he goes in the top five then I would have to say that the draft is weak defensively. I'm not trying to downplay his abilities. He is very good and plays with an edge but I think in past drafts he would not be rated so high. The U17 team has some real quality Defensemen that I believe will be better than him next year.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Hab Fan: I am very high on Johnson as well...I don't think he'll knock Brule out of the #2 spot but I don't think #3 would be out of the question....but hey, there's still a lot of hockey to be played!

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
I believe many experts consider this draft one of the deepest in years. There is no one on the u17 team as talented as Johnson-according to the scouting reports. I guess if you like big "shoot it off the glass" types, there all over. Johnson will be the first d drafted and the first US player drafted. Actually, his style doesn't fit the US program well. He should be in Canada. The US teams are more interested in systems and are not developing skills. Best of luck to all the kids, I don't mean to sound negative.

X-SHARKIE

I saw Jack Johnson play Harvard this past weekend, he looked great....really reminds me alot of SCott Hannan in the defensive zone.... and you saw what he can do in the playoffs and at the World cup.... but the way he is soooo smooth offensively is really somthing....He isn't the next Brian Leetch but really looks alot like Gary Suter out there.

3rd best player IMO for the 2005 draft at the moment.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
I saw Jack Johnson play at Brown, missed Harverd. He was FANTASTIC!!! US program holds him back. He should be in Canada, playing wit his best friend Sid Crosby. This is a kid that is COMPLETE! Fantastic offensively and just as goog defensively. He had a couple unbelieveable hits as well as great offensive plays. What is puzzling is that the US team seems to want to hold him back. I can't understand it. Canada will KILL the US at the world 18 and World Juniors at this rate. Yes, I'm Canadien. I just don't understand why they don't let a racehorse like Johnson run? They seem to be holding him back. Word I'm getting is the coaches are inexperienced and don't know how to handle such a player. Good for Canada, bad for US. Hope he ends up a Hab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad