Jaccob Slavin is the best young defenseman in the league

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
With another (beautiful) assist tonight, he now has 12 points in his last 14 games, none of which came on the PP.

Not bad for a shutdown defenseman.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
i prefer Dougie Hamilton, Rasmus Ristolainen, and Hampus Lindholm off the top of my head.

Ekblad is having a bad season but he will bounce back. Also like what Klefbom is doing in Edmonton.

He's really good though.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
How bout we let this thread die?

I think it's great to bring attention to Slavin and how well he's doing in a prominent role, has to be really fun as a Canes fan watching him. I didn't even know who he was before this thread and I'm glad someone made it. Just kick back and enjoy as other fan bases start to appreciate him, it was a very similar situation with Parayko for Blues fans.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
I think it's great to bring attention to Slavin and how well he's doing in a prominent role, has to be really fun as a Canes fan watching him. I didn't even know who he was before this thread and I'm glad someone made it. Just kick back and enjoy as other fan bases start to appreciate him, it was a very similar situation with Parayko for Blues fans.

Believe me, it's nice to have Slavin get attention, but the whole "best young dmen in the league" quote doesn't put the focus on him has an individual. Everytime someone bumps this thread, someone new says, no "Werenski, Lindholm, etc is." So yesthis thread does need to die because it just doesn't seem to go anywhere anymore, but I'm not helping that am I :laugh:

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
It doesn't bring positive attention to Slavin. The unfortunately phrased OP provoked some unnecessary and, frankly, uneducated negative comments. Every fanbase likes to praise their guys. It's normal. But controversially OP'd threads invite push-back. We have a thread for our guy, but because it did start with "Our guy is better then your guy", it is a reasonable one. Very small percentage of stupid comments. Slavin's thread is full of them.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Jaccob Slavin fun fact™: He's played 3,036 minutes in 137 games and only has 20 PIMs. That's maybe one penalty taken every 15 games

C8Kwix7UAAAoGQO.jpg

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
After last night's performance, I'm bumping this thread. He matched up vs McDavid all night and completely shut him down while being a key offensive catalyst. There was a highlight reel shown of him taking the puck from McDavid and his line - it was like 40 seconds long lol.

One of the best single game performances I've seen from a defenseman. Hurricanes got out to a big lead early, so it was all oilers from a possession stand point as they pushed to get back in the game.

27:34 TOI
7:57 SH TOI
0:51 PP TOI
1g 1a +3
2 SOG
5 BLKS

Anybody doubting that this kid is the real deal should watch last night's game. If I'm building a franchise he's the first defenseman I'd take, especially considering his bargain contract.

He's a superstar in the making.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
During the game I thought about his reputation here.

He's incredible but plays on a wrong team to get hype he deserves.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
After last night's performance, I'm bumping this thread. He matched up vs McDavid all night and completely shut him down while being a key offensive catalyst. There was a highlight reel shown of him taking the puck from McDavid and his line - it was like 40 seconds long lol.

One of the best single game performances I've seen from a defenseman. Hurricanes got out to a big lead early, so it was all oilers from a possession stand point as they pushed to get back in the game.

1g 1a +3
2 SOG
5 BLKS

Anybody doubting that this kid is the real deal should watch last night's game. If I'm building a franchise he's the first defenseman I'd take, especially considering his bargain contract.

I think you just convinced me to watch that game even thought I know the score already. I'm a Slavin fan, every time I see him play I'm very impressed.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland

1g 1a +3
2 SOG
5 BLKS

Do you know at what point in the game this compilation was shown and on which telecast? I'd really like to see it! Please and thank you!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

1g 1a +3
2 SOG
5 BLKS

Carolina should make the playoffs this year if they have three #1D's in Slavin, Pesce and Faulk.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Slavin is definitely awesome.

Faulk as #2 and Pesce as #3 is great too.

Still not sure about Hanifin though.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Carolina should make the playoffs this year if they have three #1D's in Slavin, Pesce and Faulk.

I think Faulk is more of a #2, with Pesce being capable of being a #2, but slides in nicely as a #3.

Of course, on some other teams they may actually be the #1, but to me that doesn't actually make them a legitimate #1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->