Player Discussion: J.T. Miller

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Did you just assume our gender? I like that kind of boldness from our moderation team.

Sooo, I'm exempt then?? :sarcasm: Though I wasn't part of the 'discussion' so there is that. ;)

Back on topic: I've been very pleased with how Miller has settled into the team. It's still possible that the attitude/laziness some Rangers fans mentioned might show up next season, but right now he's been excellent. Different team, different system, fresh start. Heck, Killorn sometimes doesn't show up for a good number of games but usually turns into a beast for the playoffs. Here's hoping Miller stays beastly for the playoffs.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What ever happened to that Callahan fan guy?

Actually, he came back.

Weird timing with us being horrendous and you guys dominating but it's not my life :dunno:

Sooo, I'm exempt then?? :sarcasm: Though I wasn't part of the 'discussion' so there is that. ;)

Back on topic: I've been very pleased with how Miller has settled into the team. It's still possible that the attitude/laziness some Rangers fans mentioned might show up next season, but right now he's been excellent. Different team, different system, fresh start. Heck, Killorn sometimes doesn't show up for a good number of games but usually turns into a beast for the playoffs. Here's hoping Miller stays beastly for the playoffs.

Yeah, as long as I was summoned (@DominicBoltsFan nice to see you again beb) I might as well say that Miller could very well turn it around in a new system. I don't think people who don't watch the Rangers regularly really understand what AV is like in 2018 and what exactly we do here. Way too long a story and too OT for this thread. But it's bad. It's bad to the point that I wouldn't pass definitive judgement on any Rangers player as an individual as long as he's playing under this system. And as far as laziness goes, honestly, even Lundqvist has quit on this coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Actually, he came back.

Weird timing with us being horrendous and you guys dominating but it's not my life :dunno:

Yeah, as long as I was summoned (@DominicBoltsFan nice to see you again beb) I might as well say that Miller could very well turn it around in a new system. I don't think people who don't watch the Rangers regularly really understand what AV is like in 2018 and what exactly we do here. Way too long a story and too OT for this thread. But it's bad. It's bad to the point that I wouldn't pass definitive judgement on any Rangers player as an individual as long as he's playing under this system. And as far as laziness goes, honestly, even Lundqvist has quit on this coach.

Story checks out, given Girardi has turned out to be a decent acquisition for us.

Miller's been unreal though. Good hands, good vision, fast enough to keep up. And he makes the most of the space created by his superstar linemates.

Assuming he keeps up a reasonable level of play, I think we're gonna have to find a way to get him under contract.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Story checks out, given Girardi has turned out to be a decent acquisition for us.

Miller's been unreal though. Good hands, good vision, fast enough to keep up. And he makes the most of the space created by his superstar linemates.

Assuming he keeps up a reasonable level of play, I think we're gonna have to find a way to get him under contract.

If Girardi can go from the 8th circle of hell to meh, it stands to reason that JTM could go from meh to unreal :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hey @Machinehead if you want a playoff avatar you can get a real one here lol (no offense! I like your Mika and fireAV one:)
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...ussion-and-poll.2466379/page-9#post-144078003
I've actually requested Mcd one and got it available for the Rangers fans who want to hang around here during the playoff. Feel free to join us if you want.
Really appreciate it! :D

I always like hanging out with Lightning fans. But I may need a break from the Rangers. Including the former ones. This season has spent me :(

I'll see how I'm feeling once I get some time to digest the regular season.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I've been reading thru the old posts in the Ryan Callahan thread. It's funny how Miller is now what Cally was in his first two seasons with us. First line winger with physicality, net presence and smart plays.

He has a reputation of taking bad penalities but so far in the playoffs I can't really blame him for the PIM. Most of them were just weak calls by the refs looking to rebalance the game. If he gets a few more goals his "playoff curse" will be a thing of the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad