Player Discussion J.T. Miller Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
JT Miller with a great start and had the OT winner vs Tampa last game, and that was crucial for us. And hopefully he continue this good game performance this evening! :)

Oh you bet your bottom dollar he sure did. He looked ridiculous with his playmaking tonight. Confidence super high right now

Reactions: Ori and NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He is playing really well with a lot of confidence. I have always been confident in his game/skills. I still do not understand how he could do so little in last seasons playoffs.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Unfortunate, but just doesn't seem himself at the center position. Looks slower. Almost like he's thinking way too much instead of keeping his feet moving. Made a nice pass to Zucc for the third goal and had another decent shift or two but looks so underwhelming at center. There were games this year where he looked like he was gonna break out big time (like the tampa game). He dominated. now looks barely noticeable. I guess goes to show how difficult the center position is.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I love this kid. He is such a talented Hockey player who improves every single year and will be a definitive first line player by the time he hits 30. Like a fine wine. He is still missing that one little thing to make him an elite player. Something in the toolbox but boy does he have every single tool you want.

Reactions: Crease

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I love this kid. He is such a talented Hockey player who improves every single year and will be a definitive first line player by the time he hits 30. Like a fine wine. He is still missing that one little thing to make him an elite player. Something in the toolbox but boy does he have every single tool you want.

15th pick overall. We could've grabbed so many elite players at that spot and we reached for this guy. Bust.

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
15th pick overall. We could've grabbed so many elite players at that spot and we reached for this guy. Bust.
o_O Really? JT is very good forward. He is one of our best. There is no guarantee that a player who looks like a star during the draft will be a star and vice versa.

IMO elite players we could've grabbed are only Nikita Kucherov (58) and Johny Gaudreau (104) or very good players like Oscar Klefbom (19), Connor Murphy (20), Rickard Rakell (30), Brandon Saad (43), Vincent Trocheck (64)...

2011 NHL Entry Draft - Wikipedia

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
IMO he's much more involved in the game when he plays the wing. It's unfortunate we don't have any other real center options because he needs to slide to the side again.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
o_O Really? JT is very good forward. He is one of our best. There is no guarantee that a player who looks like a star during the draft will be a star and vice versa.

IMO elite players we could've grabbed are only Nikita Kucherov (58) and Johny Gaudreau (104) or very good players like Oscar Klefbom (19), Connor Murphy (20), Rickard Rakell (30), Brandon Saad (43), Vincent Trocheck (64)...

Darko was kidding. :)

darko

Feb 16, 2009

------> Joke ------->

---------Your head -------

;)

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I know, right?! We could have had Matt Puempel or Nicklas Jensen. Or that PMD Adam Clendening. But no, we had to reach for JT Miller :laugh:
Or we could've had Saad, or Klefbom, or Rakell, or Kucherov, or Trocheck, or Gaudreau, or, or, or

It's almost like after every pick you can list a bunch of guys that would've been better AND a bunch of guys that would've been worse.

What a concept!

[andersoncoopereyeroll.gif]

Reactions: Mac n Gs

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I think JT has been great. The guy is near our team lead in points despite moving from line to line and wing to center. He is also is a big part of our teams personality. He talks a lot and our guys love to make fun of him. He may be centering our 3rd line but I have confidence in his line.

Reactions: trilobyte

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Or we could've had Saad, or Klefbom, or Rakell, or Kucherov, or Trocheck, or Gaudreau, or, or, or

It's almost like after every pick you can list a bunch of guys that would've been better AND a bunch of guys that would've been worse.

What a concept!

[andersoncoopereyeroll.gif]

That post was directed at someone in particular.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I am desperately hoping that Miller develops as a C and doesn't lose any of his effectiveness in the offensive zone. I'm skeptical (since board play is one of his biggest strengths, so he might be better suited at wing), but the thought of a Zib-Miller 1/2 punch going forward is salivating.

Then again, if Chytl and Andersson develop as expected, Zib-Chytl-Andersson with Miller on the wing would be awesome.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
How do you reach at 15th overall? If this is about Lias Andersson you are delusional especially considering this kid was more talented back as far as skillset then than Lias is now. Note to mods before you sent me private messages. He brought it up not moi.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
In 2011 I can remember people being upset we didn't take Armia, Biggs or Grimaldi.

re: Saad, he's an interesting player. Once projected to possibly be the top pick in 2011, he fell hard after underwhelming in his draft.

He subsequently rebounded and turned himself into an NHL all-star. But there are also a lot of nights he leaves me wanting more from him.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I am desperately hoping that Miller develops as a C and doesn't lose any of his effectiveness in the offensive zone. I'm skeptical (since board play is one of his biggest strengths, so he might be better suited at wing), but the thought of a Zib-Miller 1/2 punch going forward is salivating.

Then again, if Chytl and Andersson develop as expected, Zib-Chytl-Andersson with Miller on the wing would be awesome.

Why are you not counting Hayes? He's been playing well as the 2nd line center this year--even if his point total is down. Having him and Mika as a one-two punch down the middle, along with Miller on the wing sounds like a good use of the resources the team has (assuming Chytl and Andersson continue to develop and ultimately make the roster).

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Miller & Zucc has good chemistry - I just wish J.T Miller shots more - he has such an accurate shot similar to Zucc, but usually harder and more power in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad