J.C. Tremblay (Habs-Nordiques)

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Watching the bouncer that got by Toskala reminded me of him. He's the only player I can recall that made a conscious effort to use that shot. He practiced it. Once or twice a game he'd launch a 100+ foot bouncer that would strike fear into the opposing goaltender and send a buzz through the crowd. He scored on a few and there were many more near misses. Tremblay was with the Habs for all of the 1960's and jumped to the WHA's Nordiques in 1972 when he was at the top of his game. He returned to the Canadiens as a scout when his playing days were over. He died at the age of 55 in 1994 from cancer. See Legends of Hockey and Wiki for more about J.C. Tremblay.

V-2 Schneider

Mar 8, 2004
The "JC" shot became part of the arsenal of most West Island road hockey players or on a sunday afternoon shinny game out on Lac St Louis.Pity the poor kid who forgot to follow the puck as it came down on his head.;)

justsomeguy

Sep 2, 2004
He did practice it a lot but didn't use it as often as his legend has him doing it.

He had a fair bit of success with it and I've wondered why it didn't become more popular. Beats icing the puck, to my way of thinking.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
JC Tremblay had a wide array of weapons. A technician of the game, always. Habs should raise his jersey, in my opinion.

But he has two things going against him: He jumped to the WHA, the only impact Hab to do so, and he was a rather....rough minded individual, not an easy customer.

Once said about his fellow Nords in the WHA that they weren't worth a damn and that, I quote, "You can't make stained glassed windows with broken pottery jars"

Tough man. But very skilled.

GNick42

JC Tremblay had a wide array of weapons. A technician of the game, always. Habs should raise his jersey, in my opinion.

But he has two things going against him: He jumped to the WHA, the only impact Hab to do so, and he was a rather....rough minded individual, not an easy customer.

Once said about his fellow Nords in the WHA that they weren't worth a damn and that, I quote, "You can't make stained glassed windows with broken pottery jars"

Tough man. But very skilled.

Good opinion....I didn't know that about JC before. But it sounds like him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad