i've solved the lockout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q ADDICT

Jan 6, 2003
Visit site
has anyone every thought of putting sponsors on the players jerseys/gear like they do in the european leagues to make some money??? honestly, its not rocket science....there must be a reason why they do it in the european leagues....($$$$)

Kravitch

Everytime someone claims they've solved the lockout, God kills a kitten...

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Q ADDICT said:
has anyone every thought of putting sponsors on the players jerseys/gear like they do in the european leagues to make some money??? honestly, its not rocket science....there must be a reason why they do it in the european leagues....($$$$)

Cause the NHL team, especially the original six got to much tradition and history and respect to have an big Coca Cola picture on the back of its jersey.

degroat*

Creating more revenue will do nothing to keep player salaries in line with a percentage of revenues.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
Watch an old video of an 1980s game and you'll quickly see that advertizing has grown leaps and bounds (boards and ice) and eventually too much is too much.

I liked white ice :cry:

Kravitch

ti-vite said:
Watch an old video of an 1980s game and you'll quickly see that advertizing has grown leaps and bounds (boards and ice) and eventually too much is too much.

I liked white ice :cry:

They no longer have room for the big "SEASONS GREETINGS" on the Edmonton ice. :(

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Q ADDICT said:

Boo. I hate seeing my favourite teams jersey soiled with dirty capitalistic propaganda. It's a bad trend that fortunatly is starting to reverse a bit, at least here in sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad