Ivan Vishnevsky...

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
How late do you think he'll go? I want the Sabres to pick him up so badly, but do you think that would require trading up in the draft, or do you believe that he would fall late in the draft?

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
He could easily fall to the Sabres, but could also be picked by the Ducks at 19, IMO. I think his defensive play scare teams away, but if he improves it, he could be a top pairing guy.

Go4Guy

Jun 6, 2006
Maybe Jacque and his croonies will draft him at 17 (if Carolina Wins)..... Give Jacque a year with him and he will be a great stay at home defensemen :biglaugh:

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
High risk high reward... Nice shot and skating but what about the defence??? Huh, I wouldn't draft him personally but he's a talented player.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Its hard to say when Ivan will go. He isnt very big, he isnt pjysical, he sometimes plays scared, but he is lethal from the blueline on the PP. With the amount of PP's now adays some team may draft him in the teens, it wont surprise me.

If i was calling the shots (which im not) id be more inclined to use a 2nd rd pick on him, but like I said, he is one of them kids I think will go a lot earlier because he is super offensive and can run a PP.

CH Wizard

franchise player is right.

I've seen him 3-4 times, he's really a huge offensive threat. I've seen him being a threat offensively, even on pk. He''ll have to improve his physical game. He makes good first passes but his defensive game is so so. He's a bit afraid to get hit and he isn't big. I'm really sold on him and if a team picks him late first round, they're going to make a huge steal.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Great One said:

I've seen him 3-4 times, he's really a huge offensive threat. I've seen him being a threat offensively, even on pk. He''ll have to improve his physical game. He makes good first passes but his defensive game is so so. He's a bit afraid to get hit and he isn't big. I'm really sold on him and if a team picks him late first round, they're going to make a huge steal.

He has too many knocks to be labeled a "franchise player" its like calling Sandis Ozolinsh a franchise player.

turnbuckle*

The Great One said:

Defensive game is so-so, isn't big, a bit afaid to get hit, isn't physical, but you're really sold on him? Where do you have Sanguinetti...3rd overall? ;)

I wouldn't touch him with a top 20 pick unless you really think there are no decent players left. High, high risk. If he doesn't devlop into an offensive force at the NHL level...what's he become...a poor man's Andy Delmore? My guess is he's a second-round pick.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Crosby=Gretzky said:
He could easily fall to the Sabres, but could also be picked by the Ducks at 19, IMO. I think his defensive play scare teams away, but if he improves it, he could be a top pairing guy.
I really don't see the Ducks taking him. I just know Brian Burke's likes and dislikes and if there's one thing he hates it's defensemen who can't play defence. It was one of the biggest pet-peeves of his in regards to Kirill Koltsov as a Canuck prospect. I'm not saying he wouldn't ever take that kind of player, I just don't think it would be that high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->