Post-Game Talk: It's the Flyers, Jets win 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It sure seemed like a pre-season game.

The Jets were lucky they were playing the Flyers because they would have been in trouble with the number of pucks they were giving up if they played a better team.

Agreed, the Flyers were also super shorthanded last night as well.

Looking for this season to end now and to seeing what changes are made this offseason.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Watching the game with My Bro' last night...

Couldn't post...

We had to laugh regarding "Grimey" the Gritty clone...

When he took the mask off... we howled... it's a friend of a very good friend of My Bother's...

gritty.png

And... yes @DharmaBum and @hockeyarena... he is a die hard Flyers fan...

:laugh:

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Some observations from Canada Life.

- the game was interesting from the start, as I watched Comrie take to the ice I have to admit I was surprised. 15 starts/annum is not enough game time for this guy. Is there any way the Jets can hold onto him as a future backup?

- Went to grab a libation in the third on the concourse and met up with some friends while at the game whom I haven't seen for a long time, really had a great time. Almost forgot about the game. :laugh::laugh:

- PLD didn't celebrate much on his goal, a workmanlike affair, stuffing it right through the goalie.

-Ehlers was just a beast, he took over the game on the PP with a nifty pass and three shots, one off the crossbar, and finally pounding one home, the coelacanth.

- The crowd was into it.

- Tons of Flyers Jerseys, the guy beside me had one on, and was generally a schnook, a writhing, frothing Flyer mongering bald-pate. He could string together a blue cuss line like a Fisher Branch rock picker.

- I hung around to watch le premiere etoile (Comrie) toss his stick to a child. Ehlers was the deuxieme etoile. Notably, Ehlers went specifically across, pointed at a particularly tiny kid, and carefully popped the stick to the Mom, and actually stood around on the ice to make sure the kid got it. :0) Ehlers you are the best.

- who knew that Grimey (orange haired spontaneous emission of Gritty (he, him, bruh), with the same trademark Marty Feldman stare) is a goldeyes fan? :laugh:

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 8.08.07 AM.png

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Watching the game with My Bro' last night...

Couldn't post...

We had to laugh regarding "Grimey" the Gritty clone...

When he took the mask off his mask... we howled... it's a friend of a very good friend of My Bother's...

View attachment 536989

And... yes @DharmaBum and @hockeyarena... he is a die hard Flyers fan...

:laugh:
Pretty cool that you know Vince Neil AND Gritty.:laugh:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Very happy for Comrie, he got bounced around but it sounds like he just works his butt off and is also a great teammate as well. Funny how most of us thought that having him as the backup would really hurt the season. I'm happy to be wrong on that one. He's looked really good this year. If he could stay somewhere around this level, he could be a really nice backup.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Very happy for Comrie, he got bounced around but it sounds like he just works his butt off and is also a great teammate as well. Funny how most of us thought that having him as the backup would really hurt the season. I'm happy to be wrong on that one. He's looked really good this year. If he could stay somewhere around this level, he could be a really nice backup.

I've always pulled for him. He was a great junior goalie with pretty good pedigree. As you said he's a great person and works his ass off. It took him awhile but the org looks like it will be paid off for their patience.

I think he gets a two year extension from the team and provides good backup goaltending for the next few years ateast.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It was a meaningless game, only thing to watch for was to see whether KFC can get 50 but does that even matter at this point then it's just a number. Still had a good time with my dad.
Surprised KFC wasn't a star of the game since I thought those usually go just by numbers and KFC had 3, Ehlers 2, Wheeler 2.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Agreed, the Flyers were also super shorthanded last night as well.

Looking for this season to end now and to seeing what changes are made this offseason.
Flyers had nine regulars out of the lineup. Well at least they know what they are doing .... giving their rookies playing time and tanking at the same time.
Did anyone notice in the first 5 minutes of the game ... Dillon did the exacted same thing as Stanley did on the lone Avs goal.:huh:
What are the odds of that happening again in the very next game with different players unless of course they are taught by a loser coach. I'm looking at you Charlie ... pack your bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad