it's Russia!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Kingz4ever said:
Did you watch USA-Russia? USA got like 5 straight power plays. Russia only had 2 pp in the entire game. Don't tell me USA doesn't play an aggressive physical game.

They do. And that's exactly what leads to penalties, when you have to hook and haul down guys who are too aggressive and strong.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
God Bless Canada said:
If Canada plays their game over a full 60 minutes, they will win this one, likely by a couple of goals. Playing the Czechs was a good setup for the Russians, because they have a lot of similarities. The Czechs and Russians both have an explosive offence, highlighted by skilled centres and dynamic, highly skilled wingers. But both teams lack consistency, not only on a game-to-game basis, but a period-to-period basis. They also have a somewhat suspect defence. Even though Vokoun has struggled in this tournament, he's still one of the game's elite, and I like the Czechs' goaltending better than the Russians.

*Czechs vs. Slovaks. One of hockey's great rivalries continues. Czechs have underachieved even more than Canada. Lots of talent, and one of the top five goalies in the game, but only two wins. Slovaks are loaded with uber-skilled players on the wings, and have never had a defence this good. The key is the Slovaks' goaltending. If they get the saves (which they've gotten so far), they advance. If they don't, Slovakia loses in lopsided fashion..

I think the Czechs are more a more systematic, passing unit with an underrated defense (even in this tournament). The Russians have more pure speed and finishers. Their goalies have been playing better than Czechs. The top 5 goalie was hurt in the first game, because Vokoun wouldn't be top 5 in this Olympics so far. If Vokoun has an edge, it may be experience. It shoudl be a barnburner, I was hoping these two wouldn't meet in QF.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Kingz4ever said:
Did you watch USA-Russia? USA got like 5 straight power plays. Russia only had 2 pp in the entire game. Don't tell me USA doesn't play an aggressive physical game.

+1

there were even times when the announcers thought a call was to be made, only to say "it seems the referee is letting this one go"

then someone like koralyuk gets a penalty and they cant find out where the "hook" was on the replay...

it was a joke today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->