it's Russia!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_shannon_1983*

Watch Canada find themselves in a shoot-out or something in this game.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
The only way Russia can win is if The Ovy One takes over the game like he does in NHL. I can also see him and Malkin taking over the game, this would also mean a win for Russia. I think that this is happening only if they both play alot of min., but with the Russian system is to have 4 lines.

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
Being a hockey fan, I really hope Russia will make it.
Don't get me wrong, I like Canada, but the Russians are a joy to watch.
I have a couple tickets for the Final and I want to see them again.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
The_Eck said:
This game will be an absolute blowout. I predict a 5-2,6-2 russia win.
It wont be a blowout. It's b/cs team Canada HAVE TO win. If they dont win vs Russia there will be Hell in Canada.

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Nova88 said:
It wont be a blowout. It's b/cs team Canada HAVE TO win. If they dont win vs Russia there will be Hell in Canada.

Canada has been pathetic thus far, I just don't see how they can contain Russia's speed with their slow immobile defense.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
Memo to Quinn...please use Draper like he should be used and let him be the shut-down checking center to go against Datsyuk.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
The_Eck said:
Canada has been pathetic thus far, I just don't see how they can contain Russia's speed with their slow immobile defense.
Russian D is a black box. They can have bad games and good games. I think Canada will be pumped-up for this game and will get the early one. With the russian team being so ready to go back to USA they will call in early (after 1st p).

5-2 (+ empty net) 6-2

They may not win the gold but they will win vs russia.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
ferns8916 said:
Tomorrow is Canada vs. Russia in the quarterfinals.

*The two countries with the two cockiest fan bases in all of hockey.*

At the conclusion of this game, one of these two teams and their entire fanbases, are in for a massive heartbreak after this game. There is going to be a lot of people crying a river of tears after their country gets eliminated in this quarterfinal game, and leaves the tournament with no shot at a medal of any colour.

*Note: I said that these two countries have the two cockiest fan bases in all of hockey. Try to not take offense to this, because even as a Canadian I know this is true. These two countries and their fans take bragging and boasting about their hockey superiority to a level not observed in other countries.*

Yeah, I'd agree there. :)

Believe it or not, however, there are other fans in these two countries; ones less arrogant, more knowledgeable, and as hard as it is to believe...classy. Lets hope more of those show up after tomorrow's game; more than less. ;)

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Anything can happen in one game.

The Russians could come ot with a good solid defensive effort lead by Gonchar.

And Adam Foote might get the GWG on a breakaway.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
ferns8916 said:
Canada in this game is going to have to do what the Junior team did against the Russians.

Hit them, hit them, hit them!

For all of you people out there who cried when Doan, Smyth, and Draper were added to the team....This game against Russia is when you will see why these guys were added to the team.

The exact same reason Russia has guys like Kasparitis, Volchenkov, Vishnevski, Ovechkin, ect....? :yo:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
SO far it has been so-so game by Russia, followed by a very good game, and we start over again.

3-5 loss Slovakia - (soso)
5-0 win Sweden - (good)
1-0 win Kazahstan - (soso)
9-2 win Latvia (good)
5-4 win USA (soso)

what do we have next in the pattern?

*-* win Canada (good)

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
If Canada doesn't play better than they did against the Czechs (which is sadly their best game this tournament)..they will lose!
And rest assured..Canadian fans aren't gonna let it go...cause that would mean they lost without putting in their best effort...

Guys like Iggy, Nash & Thornton HAVE to step it up this game..

And I really hope Quinn doesn't put in Macabe....he's HORRIBLE!!! I can't understand for the life of me why he's not being used only on the powerplay...cause thats all he can do on the big ice!

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
Slitty said:
The exact same reason Russia has guys like Kasparitis, Volchenkov, Vishnevski, Ovechkin, ect....? :yo:
If The Ovey One gets the ice time in the game vs. Canada, he will take over the game.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
glue said:
If Canada doesn't play better than they did against the Czechs (which is sadly their best game this tournament)..they will lose!
And rest assured..Canadian fans aren't gonna let it go...cause that would mean they lost without putting in their best effort...

Guys like Iggy, Nash & Thornton HAVE to step it up this game..

And I really hope Quinn doesn't put in Macabe....he's HORRIBLE!!! I can't understand for the life of me why he's not being used only on the powerplay...cause thats all he can do on the big ice!

Dont worry Canada will win this one.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Slitty said:
Exactly. Russia has a very intimidating defense, although Vishnevski missed about 5 times today trying to go for the big hit.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Great, another Canada - Russia game. If Canada wins 10-1 and the refs miss a call 7 mins into the first period you can bet the Russian posters will be *****in and crying all week long about a "fix". Weak.

That being said, I think Russia has the upper hand tomorrow. I would be fairly suprised if Canada pulls this game off. They just don't look good right now.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
ryz said:
Great, another Canada - Russia game. If Canada wins 10-1 and the refs miss a call 7 mins into the first period you can bet the Russian posters will be *****in and crying all week long about a "fix". Weak.

That being said, I think Russia has the upper hand tomorrow. I would be fairly suprised if Canada pulls this game off. They just don't look good right now.
I think the same would go the other way. If Canada doesn't win there will be alot of *****ing (about refs, big ice, team selection). It hard to see team russia winning this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->