Blue Jays Discussion: It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Kevin Pillar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Pentecost grand slam.

I expect they will move him up to AA soon since he is 24 and rule 5 eligible this winter. He's basically found couch money if he turns into anything.

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
Pentecost grand slam.

I expect they will move him up to AA soon since he is 24 and rule 5 eligible this winter. He's basically found couch money if he turns into anything.

I expect you're wrong. They are still trying to have Pentecost catch and are being extremely slow/patient with him (he's literally on like a 1-day catching, 3-day DH/1B schedule). The Rule 5 thing is pretty irreverent as he is extremely unlikely to get picked by someone.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I expect you're wrong. They are still trying to have Pentecost catch and are being extremely slow/patient with him (he's literally on like a 1-day catching, 3-day DH/1B schedule). The Rule 5 thing is pretty irreverent as he is extremely unlikely to get picked by someone.

Depends if they think there's a big difference between catching at A+ vs. AA.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Apropos of (not quite) nothing, Mike Ohlman's having a nice season in Buffalo.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Anyone remember many (last 90s probably or maybe early 00s) years ago when a Jay running for home jumped over a catcher and as they went past home plate slid and reached back to touch it?
I could swear it was Jose Cruz Jr but I've never been able to find a clip (or ever mention) about it....

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Even if they were afraid of him being picked in a Rule 5, there's almost always enough fungible relievers on the 40-man that you can spare a spot to keep a prospect lottery ticket for another year or two.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Harold Ballard

Klutchperi Kapanen
Jan 27, 2017
I think it's mostly the fact that he is right there at the Jays facility so they can monitor him very closely and carefully as he continues to rehab his shoulder.

Ace type stuff. He's 1-1 for me.

Well if he's talking to Winfield maybe he'll put in a good word.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It's awesome and disappointing at the same time to see how great Thames has started this year. I always liked the guy so in that sense it's great, but I wanted the Jays to scoop him back up this offseason. It would have been so much better.

But alas it wasn't meant to be. Hope he keeps it up.

Harold Ballard

Klutchperi Kapanen
Jan 27, 2017
It's awesome and disappointing at the same time to see how great Thames has started this year. I always liked the guy so in that sense it's great, but I wanted the Jays to scoop him back up this offseason. It would have been so much better.

But alas it wasn't meant to be. Hope he keeps it up.

This is one reason you like him....
Homer-Smacking Eric Thames Isn't Worried About Drug Tests Because He Has "A Lot Of Blood And Urine"

http://flip.it/qXVagx

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Too bad Stro isn't pitching against St. Louis, would like to see him get a few more at-bats. Good pinch hit option whenever Salty is in though (then again there might not be a bad pinch hit option compared when someone comes in for Salty).

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
That play by Coghlan was one of the greatest plays I've ever seen. The buddies I was watching the game with were all in awe when we saw it happen in real time. It wasn't like Molina was in a crouch...he was damn near standing up straight. Incredible.

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay
That play by Coghlan was one of the greatest plays I've ever seen. The buddies I was watching the game with were all in awe when we saw it happen in real time. It wasn't like Molina was in a crouch...he was damn near standing up straight. Incredible.

it was great to see and something they needed a big play to rally around. I am in noway saying the season is salvageable, but i would rather have a reason to cheer then, shake my head and swear. Exciting is never bad!!!!

frost king

Dec 11, 2013

My initial reaction, was that Coughlan missed 3B on the play. Have watched the replay many times, and still don't see him touching 3B.

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay
My initial reaction, was that Coughlan missed 3B on the play. Have watched the replay many times, and still don't see him touching 3B.

I noticed that too, I am sure he didn't touch it, I was waiting, thought that's what the Cards were looking at, was like please no, lol

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I noticed that last night too but i thought his left leg weirdly touched it but it could have been missed as the 3B looked away right at that second.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
You know Stroman will be in the batting cages for the next month, giving the batters tips.

That was a nice, flat swing too. Must have picked up some tips from Donaldson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->