Italian roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste'

May 21, 2004
Lenno -Lake Como-
G
Günther Hell e Jason Muzzatti (HC Bolzano Foxes), René Baur (HC Brunico)

D
Florian Ramoser (HC Bolzano Foxes), Michele Strazzabosco, Armin Helfer e Christian Borgatello (HC Milano Vipers), André Signoretti (SG Cortina ), Carter Trevisani (Asiago Hockey), Robert Nardella (Rockford IceHogs – UHL)

F
Stefano Margoni e Stefan Zisser (HC Bolzano Foxes), Mario Chitarroni, e Joe Busillo (HC Milano Vipers), Giorgio De Bettin e Anthony Tuzzolino (SG Cortina), John Parco, Jason Cirone, Giulio Scandella e Lucio Topatigh (Asiago Hockey), Manuel De Toni (Alleghe Hockey), Luca Ansoldi (Ritten/Renon SV), Anthony Iob (Ec Kac Klagenfurt)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jason Muzzati? lol I didn't even know he still played

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ste' said:
:) ;) He's having a decent career here in Italy. :D

If you can't make it in the Italian league....you probably won't make anywhere ;)

is he settled there or does he come back every year?

Ste'

May 21, 2004
Lenno -Lake Como-
go kim johnsson 514 said:
If you can't make it in the Italian league....you probably won't make anywhere ;)

is he settled there or does he come back every year?

He come back every year with his family. He's showing also that he's a good fighter :)

Remax

Sep 24, 2003
Canada
Hey Ste'

Hey Ste'

Does Mike Rosati still play over there?

I know he was a year or two ago but I'm not sure now, and I'm too lazy to do a search :)

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
kidhander said:
You're underrating italian league. Some NHL players in the lockout year struggled...one for all Jason Holland

So who are the players to watch on this team? A couple are familiar from following the WC (Ramoser, Nardella, Chitarroni, Topatigh, De Toni, Iob), but there seems to be quite a few new names on the roster.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Zine said:
So who are the players to watch on this team? A couple are familiar from following the WC (Ramoser, Nardella, Chitarroni, Topatigh, De Toni, Iob), but there seems to be quite a few new names on the roster.

ramoser is the weak one :madfire:
Signoretti is a very good player, as they are scandella and parco too

Remax

Sep 24, 2003
Canada
kidhander said:
yes. The fact that he retired sucks but well how old is he? :amazed:

He has to be less than 40, he was engaged to my cousin before going to Italy, and while in Italy for a year or two, and she is only around 34 and they were around the same age I believe.

Did he still have the pony tail attached to the back of his mask when he played over there?

I have his game against Canada (I think it was Canada) at the Olympics but I don't remember what year that was, he had some pretty crazy pads.

Ste'

May 21, 2004
Lenno -Lake Como-
Remax said:
Hey Ste'

Does Mike Rosati still play over there?

I know he was a year or two ago but I'm not sure now, and I'm too lazy to do a search :)
Now he's coaching in Germany, I don't remember the name of the team but it's a farm team or a junior team to the Adler Mannheim.

Ste'

May 21, 2004
Lenno -Lake Como-
Shoalzie said:
Is this the same Tony Tuzzolino that played in the NHL briefly? I think he went to MSU. Just he and Muzzatti have NHL experience?

Yes, Jason Muzzatti (Selected by Calgary Flames round 1 #21 overall 1988 NHL Entry Draft) played 62(?) games in NHL.
Carter Trevisani (Selected by Carolina Hurricanes round 8 #244 overall 2001 NHL Entry Draft) no game in NHL.
Tony Tuzzolino (Selected by Quebec Nordiques round 5 #113 overall 1994 NHL Entry Draft) played 9 games in NHL.
John Parco (Selected by Philadelphia Flyers round 12 #248 overall 1991 NHL Entry Draft) no game in NHL.
Jason Cirone (Selected by Winnipeg Jets round 3 #46 overall 1989 NHL Entry Draft) 3 games in NHL.
Tony Iob (Selected by Buffalo Sabres round 9 #189 overall 1991 NHL Entry Draft
) no game in NHL.

Probably someone heard something about veteran Bob Nardella who won one or two Calder Cup with Chicago Wolves.
Giulio Scandella was a good prospect with some camps with Chicago Blackhawks and Vancouver Canucks.
And I want to mark René Baur (Born Jan 19 1985) a talented goalie who need to try an experience out of Italy. :handclap:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
kidhander said:
You're underrating italian league. Some NHL players in the lockout year struggled...one for all Jason Holland

Italy will be the Belarus of 2002!!! :amazed: :handclap:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I'm interested to see how Carter Trevisani does in this tournament. He's had an interesting career, starting out in college, then dropping out to go to the Ottawa 67's. He was drafted twice but yet never played a single game in the minors. He just went straight to Italy, but seems to have played well there.

Ste'

May 21, 2004
Lenno -Lake Como-
Artie said:
How is Scandella doing?

Probably Giulio Scandella has the most offensive talent in the Italy National Team for sure he's most speed than a lot of players in NHL and he's always a threat.
The only oproblem is Scandella is too much a "lightweight".

Ste'

May 21, 2004
Lenno -Lake Como-
Assasin05 said:
Who are these random players? Doesn't matter, Italy will sit near the bottom.

For sure my friend. Italy is the worse team of the Olympic Games. But I personally know a lot of them and they are proud to be part of this poor team and everyone of them are treat with great respect. I know that probably team Italy could lose 10 or 12 to 0 against Canada or Czech Rep. But they takes on an engagement and I'm sure about their self-denial. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad