GDT: "IT WAS IN! NEVER FORGET 2004" Bolts @ Flames, 7:00 PM SNET360

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
This is the same Jankowski that is on pace for a whopping 25 points and hasn't got a point in what 9-10? games now?

That is the guy you really want to bring up as being good right now?

You just brought up how good a player who has 7 points in 47 games and has very poor possession and scoring chance numbers is.

Hilarious

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You just brought up how good a player who has 7 points in 47 games and has very poor possession and scoring chance numbers is.

Hilarious

He is a defenseman and s guy relied on more so for his strong defensive play than offense so if you seriously are using his scoring and garbage "stats" to judge him then it isn't surprising that you miss so much.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
He is a defenseman and s guy relied on more so for his strong defensive play than offense so if you seriously are using his scoring and garbage "stats" to judge him then it isn't surprising that you miss so much.

Ahh... possession and scoring chance numbers are "garbage" stats, yet you can't even judge him by his hard stats like points, plus/minus, etc..?

You truly are a wizard

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Solid collapse Flames. Have a 4-2 lead, lose 7-4. I mean, none of the goals against were that great, but still. Outshoot Lightning 19-9 in the third, get outscored 4-0.

Yet somehow we are a win from being in the playoffs, our division really isn't that good either. Other than Vegas (who we were the better team on Tuesday), no one in the division can win consistently. The Ducks are sort of coming on and San Jose is still alright (though Thornton is hurt now so that will hurt them, he's their 2nd leading scorer). If the Flames had any and I mean any killer instinct we'd be comfortably sitting in 2nd right now. We really should be at 65+ points, 5 back of Vegas. Instead we sit at 58, 14 back of Vegas and 2 back of the Sharks and Ducks.

Pretty pathetic right now, not even worth watching games when you play better for the most part and then just continue to lose in stupid ways. Other than 4 games in the past 14, we've blown the lead in every single game. Pretty sad.

Reactions: TychoFan

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Ahh... possession and scoring chance numbers are "garbage" stats, yet you can't even judge him by his hard stats like points, plus/minus, etc..?

You truly are a wizard

?

You think Hamonic was brought in for points?

Watch him play he has clearly been one of the best Flames defense men this year.

So if scoring chances and possession stats say different then yes they are garbage stats for judging him.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Pretty pathetic right now, not even worth watching games when you play better for the most part and then just continue to lose in stupid ways. Other than 4 games in the past 14, we've blown the lead in every single game. Pretty sad.

We are playing well to lose....that's all I got to say

GG system is not working with this group of players. He has to go.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
?

You think Hamonic was brought in for points?

Watch him play he has clearly been one of the best Flames defense men this year.

So if scoring chances and possession stats say different then yes they are garbage stats for judging him.

No s*** he wasn't brought in for points, which is why I used his poor possession and scoring chance numbers to show you how poorly he's been defensively but apparently those are "garbage" stats.

All you're going off of is the eye test, which apparently is much more credible than any evidence that suggests you're wrong. Lol

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
No s*** he wasn't brought in for points, which is why I used his poor possession and scoring chance numbers to show you how poorly he's been defensively but apparently those are "garbage" stats.

All you're going off of is the eye test, which apparently is much more credible than any evidence that suggests you're wrong. Lol

The eye test is vastly superior to made up stats without a doubt.

You are the one who has repeatedly brought up his stats.

He can only do so much saddled with Brodie who has been an absolute train wreck this year.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
12-13-3 at home, so now under .500 for points % as well as being 4 games under .500 for winning %. At least this team has a 6 game road trip coming up next week.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
So how about them Bennett and Janko eh, shades of Saprykin and Lombardi...

They likely will continue to get a pass because they are favorites of so many but something has to be done about that 3rd line. They have had 2 or 3 offensive explosions but 90% of the time they have been completely inept offensively. At least during the 15 game pointless streak Sam was creating chances now that line doesn't even do that.

I think maybe moving Frolik and Bennett and giving the "2nd line" more offensive zone starts and easier match-ups could generate some offense but I don't think Jankowski could handle the tough defensive minutes/match-ups.

But whatever happens I don't think that the 3M line can continue to be the match-up line and the only other line that is able to score.

Pekkas Purse

Feb 2, 2010
We're playing good pal, results don't matter.
rOg0X.gif
Now that results don't matter, I guess we can be glad the top line showed up. Brody's half speed break out is peachy keen as well!

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
They likely will continue to get a pass because they are favorites of so many but something has to be done about that 3rd line. They have had 2 or 3 offensive explosions but 90% of the time they have been completely inept offensively. At least during the 15 game pointless streak Sam was creating chances now that line doesn't even do that.

I think maybe moving Frolik and Bennett and giving the "2nd line" more offensive zone starts and easier match-ups could generate some offense but I don't think Jankowski could handle the tough defensive minutes/match-ups.

But whatever happens I don't think that the 3M line can continue to be the match-up line and the only other line that is able to score.

Bennett first 15 games: 71 scoring chances, 26 high danger scoring chances.

Bennett last 15 games: 89 scoring chances, 30 high danger scoring chances.

But your "eyes" are much smarter

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Hamonic has been playing well the last 2 months, not sure why he is being brought up in this thread. He is the least of our worries.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hamonic has been playing well the last 2 months, not sure why he is being brought up in this thread. He is the least of our worries.

Yeah and I think we should not be worry too much about the lottery pick

For god sake we picked Bennett with high lottery pick ..think abou that :rolleyes:

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

Hamonic started off terribly, had about a 20 game stretch where he was excellent, had another really rough patch and is back to playing excellent hockey the last 5 or so games. He's been wildly inconsistent but I do agree he is the least of our worries right now.

I was just responding to a poster who was responding to another poster who brought him up.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Yeah and I think we should not be worry too much about the lottery pick

For god sake we picked Bennett with high lottery pick ..think abou that :rolleyes:

The use of lottery pick to try and exaggerate the pick we gave up is very annoying.

I know it is technically correct but if the pick turns out to be a #4 overall like we used for bennett that is a complete fluke that has to do with random balls falling rather than an actual indication of the value of the pick given up.

If people are really going to go that route than you should never trade because any piece you give up could always fluke into a great player.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
The use of lottery pick to try and exaggerate the pick we gave up is very annoying.

I know it is technically correct but if the pick turns out to be a #4 overall like we used for bennett that is a complete fluke that has to do with random balls falling rather than an actual indication of the value of the pick given up.

If people are really going to go that route than you should never trade because any piece you give up could always fluke into a great player.

Only the top 3 picks are determined by lottery balls... so if our pick turns out to be #4 overall, we would have to finished 31st, 30th, 29th or 28th in the standings and get passed by 3, 2, 1 or 0 teams four our pick to be 4th overall but if that's what you're eyes are telling you than you're probably right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->