WWE: It took 3 hours to pop Randy Orton's shoulder back into its socket (Out 4-6 months)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That one was a broken collarbone. He also re-injured it a few months later riding his motorcycle which delayed his return.

He can fire up any crowd.

Source: experience. Montreal.

Same with getting heat when he was working as a heel. He works the crowd like very few can during matches. He knows how to fire up a crowd or how to get them to boo him, whether it's a smark crowd or mark crowd. He's a master at that.

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't because he has far more dull matches where he doesn't do any of that than he does ones like that. Lots of guys can fire a crowd up here and there. Orton doesn't and never has done it consistently...possibly because of his complacency issues but even when he does, his matches aren't exactly entertaining. He works a pretty clean and crisp match and has a great finisher but there isn't much excitement with his work.

Most fans are looking for a reason to get amped in those situations...the fact that he has to look to work the crowd to draw interest in a lot of his matches is a problem in itself because his work isn't exactly flowing with energy and anticipation on its own.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Randy Orton is out 4-6 months after suffering a Bankart lesion, stretched ligaments and a torn rotator cuff, as well as a shoulder dislocation.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Blessing in disguise if hes ok afterwards. He was doing nothing creatively and now he can come back hot for the SummerSlam lead up

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WON reports that the shoulder injury is worse than thought and it's "really serious". Surgery is the likely next step and there's no timetable for his return.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Orton is very good as a tweener heel.
He was at the top of his game when he was terrorizing the McMahon family.
At the time...
I was not watching any wrestling...
But I still read rave reviews on his work.

I cannot say I care about his work as a face though.
He is as bland as they come.
:shakehead

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Psychopathic Orton terrorizing the McMahon family was the most over I've ever seen Orton. I remember that time so vividly, he was approaching Austin levels of overness and every RAW was a must tune-in to see what Orton would do next ... and then WWE had Triple H go over him at Wrestlemania 25.

I still maintain to this day that WWE screwed up so badly that year because THAT was the year they should've had Orton vs. Cena at Mania and genuinely could've made it a memorable rivalry instead of the apathy people treat it with now. To that point, it hadn't happened yet and they were both #1 heel and #1 babyface.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Psychopathic Orton terrorizing the McMahon family was the most over I've ever seen Orton. I remember that time so vividly, he was approaching Austin levels of overness and every RAW was a must tune-in to see what Orton would do next ... and then WWE had Triple H go over him at Wrestlemania 25.

I still maintain to this day that WWE screwed up so badly that year because THAT was the year they should've had Orton vs. Cena at Mania and genuinely could've made it a memorable rivalry instead of the apathy people treat it with now. To that point, it hadn't happened yet and they were both #1 heel and #1 babyface.

They also had a chance to make Ted jr a legit star off of a hot heel Orton but never pulled the trigger.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Randy Orton posted on Instagram that he doesn't need neck surgery as previously reported and his shoulder is healing ahead of schedule.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Good stuff. Hopefully he comes back as a heel but I'm sure WWE will keep his current cookie cutter character going forward.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hopefully if he is ready he can work with Wyatt (unless they have bigger things planned for Wyatt, which I'm all for). A Wrestlemania win over Orton could set Wyatt on the right track again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad