It is official, the fans dont care anymore.

Sam Slick*

Looks good on them, especially Bettman for assuming we'd all come crawling back like last time.

Last time, I admit I crawled back as soon as the CBA was done, because I missed the Leafs. Right now, I'd be hard pressed to say that I'd even watch a game on tv unless there's nothing better on, and even then xBox probably wins out.

**** those greedy ********. I can't wait for April to come around, I want to cheer on a team that actually has a chance to win and one that seemingly cares about its fan base. Go Jays Go.

Hey Funk. I think most (even the ones who say they wont be back) will come back. Even if it takes a few weeks it will happen with most...no matter what they say. It will happen, they will be at a friends house or something and the game will be on, then next thing they know they are talking about it, then BAM, back being the best fans in the world.

I find it strange what you said about MLB, apparently you were asleep during that one. hehe
Go Marlies Go!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Slick*

There are lots of places to buy coffee. There is only one place to watch NHL Hockey.

Thats the problem. The NHL has no competition. This would not be happening if there was another league.

Also, I think the fans will come back in droves. For every Leafs ticket given up, there are 100 people lined up to take their spot.

If it was up to me, I would unionize with fans and elect a union leader. Tell the NHL and PA that they have 14 days to come to an agreement or we will not be back until another league is formed or Betman and Fehr are gone.

And, I would put it in the CBA that there will not ever be another strike because if there is no decision made by a certain time when a CBA expires, and arbitrator will make the decisions and the NHL and PA has to agree to their decision.

Sam Slick*

Dear NHL players......can you lend me 200 bucks so I can pay my heat? Also, some extra money for some food for my kids would be great. Thanks.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Hard to understand how the owners aren't realizing just how much their brand is being hurt. To me that is the best thing about the lockout. This time fans are not going to rush back, and in the soft markets they may be gone for good. Contraction would be the best outcome. Get rid of all the weak sister teams Betmann put into places where no one cares about hockey. Then get rid of Betmann.

This may sound blasphemous, but if you got rid of the Leafs, the NHL may actually be better off. Revenue would drop significantly, average salaries would also have to drop, and suddenly 15-20 more teams can afford to ice a real team. Problem number one with the NHL, the players make too damn much. It's really that simple.

jayswagger

May 20, 2011
Toronto, ON
Good to be back after some time - good to see the boards still busy! Happy New Year all!

I remember reading a Tweet from James Mirtle - a Leafs season ticket holder said "I waited 7 years for my chance to buy a season ticket, I'm not giving them up because of a business dispute".

Every person here is a customer and a fan of the NHL. You either invest your time or money into the NHL product. I know I am, I can admit it. You could be buying merchandise, going to the games, watching on TV, listening on radio. All these translate into higher revenues for the NHL.

The radio stations get angry callers because the stations keep talking about the lockout. But the hosts themselves say the ratings when they talk about the NHL Lockout are higher than if they talk about other sports. What does that say about the sentiment of NHL fans?

Not a single one of us is in a position to really influence any change with the NHL.

And it's been said already - we're talking about all of this in an NHL Team forum on the web. Ironic?

Hockey is all around and can be found - but to an NHL fan, what does it matter? I know I'll return when the lockout is done - it's the confounded machine that the NHL and MLSE have brilliantly created out of me.

In the meanwhile, I'll still cheer for my Mississauga Steelheads - excellent hockey being played today in the GTA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad