OT: An OT thread unlike any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just found out that one of my closest friends from childhood lost his mother to cancer this week. Funeral is Friday and there is just no way for me to make the 1400 miles with the wife in San Diego for work.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Just found out that one of my closest friends from childhood lost his mother to cancer this week. Funeral is Friday and there is just no way for me to make the 1400 miles with the wife in San Diego for work.
I lost a friend today too, albeit not a close one. Sad days.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
My 7 year old son was out in the garage firing pucks into our net. He asks me:

"Dad, you think Eichel will still be on the team when I'm on the Sabres?"

"Sure."

"You think they'll let me billet with the family Eichel stayed with on the US Development team?"

:laugh:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Anyone got some good ideas from groomsmen's gifts? It all seems overdone to me...custom flasks, knives, etc etc.

As a rochester native I was thinking of renting a rochester red wings box for a game and doing an event type thing instead of individual gifts for 7 groomsmen and her dad...even the basic box is like 600 to 700 with no booze though...

Idk I wanna do something fun and original not the played out ideas?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Anyone got some good ideas from groomsmen's gifts? It all seems overdone to me...custom flasks, knives, etc etc.

As a rochester native I was thinking of renting a rochester red wings box for a game and doing an event type thing instead of individual gifts for 7 groomsmen and her dad...even the basic box is like 600 to 700 with no booze though...

See about doing an escape room or playing paintball or laser tag or something like that.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo

I would do a karaoke cookout. Rent a PA, find a karaoke web service, buy a bunch of beer, burgers, dogs, etc. Profit.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I would do a karaoke cookout. Rent a PA, find a karaoke web service, buy a bunch of beer, burgers, dogs, etc. Profit.

Not sure karaoke is up the alley of my group lol. The rest sounds right. My best man will 100% plan a camping/cabin trip for my stag party because I hate large groups and formal stuff and live for outdoorsy stuff so I don't wanna basically do a typical outdoor bbq thing since that'll happen again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->