ISS Top 30

Redden Punches Faces*

ok sorry. i was just trying to take someone off the top of my head, but that was really not the point. i'm just saying you can play in the nhl even if you are one dimensional. and he is not one of the best 2-way players. he is good when i give it som thought, but not one of the best imo.

I see what you were tring to say, but you are 100% wrong on this. Sorry this is a little OT.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hey LaLa, what have you seen from MacMillan so far? What do you expect from him this year?

Hes had a so/so start to the season. He started off centering Voracek, but he was moved to a different line. He isnt getting much PP time as well.

That being said, he is still a good prospect, good size, good skater, he plays mature, has average offensive upside.

He reminds me of Mike Richards, more size and less offense.

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10631&hubname=

I apologize if this has already been posted...

Top 30 Skaters

No. *Player Pos. Team
1 *Couture, Logan F Ottawa
2 *Voracek, Jakub C Halifax
3 *Esposito, Angelo C Quebec
4 *Petrecki, Nick D Omaha
5 *Katic, Marc D Sarnia
6 *Gagner, Sam RW London
7 *Alzner, Karl D Calgary
8 *Van Riemsdyk, James LW US Under-18
9 *Gillies, Colton C Saskatoon
10 *Backlund, Mikael C Vasteras
11 *Negrin, John D Kootenay
12 *O'Brien, Jim F Minnesota
13 *Hickey, Thomas D Seattle
14 *Ellerby, Keaton D Kamloops
15 *Repik, Michal RW Vancouver
16 *Sutter, Brandon C Red Deer
17 *Stich, David D Saint John
18 *Ross, Nick D Regina
19 *Doyle, Eric D Everett
20 *Hoeffel, Mike F US Under-18
21 *Turris, Kyle C Burnaby
22 *Torquato, Zac C Saginaw
23 *Blum, John D Vancouver
24 *Karamnov, Vitaly C Dynamo
25 *McCrae, Justin C Saskatoon
26 *Bashkirov, Ruslan RW Quebec
27 *Hamill, Zach C Everett
28 *MacMillan, Logan C Halifax
29 *Moller, Oscar RW Chiliwack
30 *Smith, Brendan D St. Michael's

Top 5 Goaltenders

No. Player Rnd. Team
1 *Benda, Marek 2nd Karlovy Vary
2 *Leclerc, Justin 2nd Lethbridge
3 *Mucha, Kurt 2nd Portland
4 *Cann, Trevor 3rd Peterborough
5 *Riopel, Nicola 3rd Moncton

No man, thanks a bundle.:banana:

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I see what you were tring to say, but you are 100% wrong on this. Sorry this is a little OT.

just forget it man. ok i missed with hossa. but that was not the point. alltough i can say a lot of better two way players then hossa of the top of my head, but lets not go down that road:)

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
Kane's ranking

no Pat Kane? while he hasn't been on par with Gagner, he definitely deserves to be in the top 30, probably top 20.
His offensive upside is seemingly unlimited, he packs a heavy elusive shot and has a very dependable playmaking game. He does need to clean up his play in his own zone and until he does so Gagner's solid 2-way play will over shadow Kane.

duff: alot of those defensemen are coming out of the WHL too, interesting...

Kane is ranked No. 35 right now. He is someone who has the potential to climb. The concern about him is his ability to commit to and learn to play defensively. He's also a tad on the small side, but there is no questioning his offensive skills.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Patrick Kane has 3 goals and 2 assists for London with 2 minutes left in the 2nd period in their game against Windsor. I can't see any way that he stays outside the top 30 in this draft (although I'm certainly hoping that he will as an Oilers fan).

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Kane is ranked No. 35 right now. He is someone who has the potential to climb. The concern about him is his ability to commit to and learn to play defensively. He's also a tad on the small side, but there is no questioning his offensive skills.

Sorry man, any ranking who has Kane outside the 1st round is not worth the paper it's written on. Kane had 3g, 2a in the 1st half of game tonight and only saw 7 shifts the last two periods in a blowout.

Size is an absolute non issue in today's game. If it were Gagner wouldn't be ranked. Look at the kid's abilities. Awesome puck poise, vision, hands, quickness, hockey sense, and center of gravity/leg strength. He's got Perry/Schremp ability but is better in his draft year then those two.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
Sorry man, any ranking who has Kane outside the 1st round is not worth the paper it's written on. Kane had 3g, 2a in the 1st half of game tonight and only saw 7 shifts the last two periods in a blowout.

Size is an absolute non issue in today's game. If it were Gagner wouldn't be ranked. Look at the kid's abilities. Awesome puck poise, vision, hands, quickness, hockey sense, and center of gravity/leg strength. He's got Perry/Schremp ability but is better in his draft year then those two.

Not to mention a defensive conscience, something of which niether perry nor schremp know much about.
I would say that Gagner's 2-way game is not far behind Couture's, and his offensive game may actually be ahead of Logan's (that is without stats taking precedent). All-in-all, Logan should be drafted ahead of him, but at this point I can't see Gagner falling out of the top 10. There is still lots of hockey to be played though.

As for Kane, he top 20 material without a doubt. Someone will certainly take him 1st round based on his offensive prowess, defensive woes or not.

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, of course, but I think you're overstating your case a bit. Being ranked 35th in October is nothing to sneeze at. We did have him ranked at No. 27 in our July rankings. I'm not sure why, other than the reason I've already listed, he dropped for our first ranking this season.

Like I hinted at earlier, I think he'll be a climber. There are a number of players who are ranked higher that have not performed well and will be supplanted by Kane in the first round. Our rankings are not done by one person, so when a player moves up or down, it tends not to happen quickly. Once all of our scouts have seen a player, you get a more accurate picture.

Lunatik*

I should keep an eye on Justin Leclerc... but his high rank sure explains how the Hurricanes have actually been managing to win becaus ehtey traded 2 of their top forwards for picks just befor ehte season started

i avent been a to a 'Canes game in a few years... anyone know much about Leclerc?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad