ISS Top 30

Goldy

Feb 28, 2002
Minneapolis
Visit site
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10631&hubname=

I apologize if this has already been posted...

Top 30 Skaters

No. *Player Pos. Team
1 *Couture, Logan F Ottawa
2 *Voracek, Jakub C Halifax
3 *Esposito, Angelo C Quebec
4 *Petrecki, Nick D Omaha
5 *Katic, Marc D Sarnia
6 *Gagner, Sam RW London
7 *Alzner, Karl D Calgary
8 *Van Riemsdyk, James LW US Under-18
9 *Gillies, Colton C Saskatoon
10 *Backlund, Mikael C Vasteras
11 *Negrin, John D Kootenay
12 *O'Brien, Jim F Minnesota
13 *Hickey, Thomas D Seattle
14 *Ellerby, Keaton D Kamloops
15 *Repik, Michal RW Vancouver
16 *Sutter, Brandon C Red Deer
17 *Stich, David D Saint John
18 *Ross, Nick D Regina
19 *Doyle, Eric D Everett
20 *Hoeffel, Mike F US Under-18
21 *Turris, Kyle C Burnaby
22 *Torquato, Zac C Saginaw
23 *Blum, John D Vancouver
24 *Karamnov, Vitaly C Dynamo
25 *McCrae, Justin C Saskatoon
26 *Bashkirov, Ruslan RW Quebec
27 *Hamill, Zach C Everett
28 *MacMillan, Logan C Halifax
29 *Moller, Oscar RW Chiliwack
30 *Smith, Brendan D St. Michael's

Top 5 Goaltenders

No. Player Rnd. Team
1 *Benda, Marek 2nd Karlovy Vary
2 *Leclerc, Justin 2nd Lethbridge
3 *Mucha, Kurt 2nd Portland
4 *Cann, Trevor 3rd Peterborough
5 *Riopel, Nicola 3rd Moncton

Duff88

May 7, 2002
5 *Katic, Marc D Sarnia
18 *Ross, Nick D Regina

That's a lot of D-men right there; isn't 2008 also supposed to be a top-heavy d-men draft?

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
no Pat Kane? while he hasn't been on par with Gagner, he definitely deserves to be in the top 30, probably top 20.
His offensive upside is seemingly unlimited, he packs a heavy elusive shot and has a very dependable playmaking game. He does need to clean up his play in his own zone and until he does so Gagner's solid 2-way play will over shadow Kane.

duff: alot of those defensemen are coming out of the WHL too, interesting...

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Gillies seems to be falling, i remember last year they had him ranked #1. Also who s this Karamnov kid I have never heard of him. Some brief scouting report and stats from him would be greatly appreciated.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
no Pat Kane? while he hasn't been on par with Gagner, he definitely deserves to be in the top 30, probably top 20.
His offensive upside is seemingly unlimited, he packs a heavy elusive shot and has a very dependable playmaking game. He does need to clean up his play in his own zone and until he does so Gagner's solid 2-way play will over shadow Kane.

I was thinking the same thing as well. I haven't been able to see him play yet, but from reading about his performance in the international tournaments and his play so far with London it would seem that he should be a projected 1st rounder.

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
I was thinking the same thing as well. I haven't been able to see him play yet, but from reading about his performance in the international tournaments and his play so far with London it would seem that he should be a projected 1st rounder.

Maybe his game does not transfer well to the NHL? :dunno:

It is still very early.

DRReclusive

Feb 7, 2006
White Rock
5 *Katic, Marc D Sarnia
18 *Ross, Nick D Regina

That's a lot of D-men right there; isn't 2008 also supposed to be a top-heavy d-men draft?
Are there any defenseman this year that have the potential to be as good as JayBo or Erik Johnson?

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
Are there any defenseman this year that have the potential to be as good as JayBo or Erik Johnson?

No, no one even close. Of the top two guys on the ISS list, Petrecki will be an Adam Foote type, but won't ever score much. Katic is undersized and compares to a Marek Zidlicky-style player.

DRReclusive

Feb 7, 2006
White Rock
I see, thanks for the info.

I have never seen Katic play. If he compares to Zids, is he purely an offensive defenseman?

I'm looking to draft the best defenseman next year in my keeper pool.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

i think you might have answered you own question regarding pat kane.you have to play at both ends of the ice to get to the the next level.one dimensional players don't make it to the nhl.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Can anyone give a scouting report on Kyle Turris, strengths/weaknesses who does he compare to, etc.

Riggs

Apr 6, 2004
Pittsburgh
Voracek is listed as a Center on the above list, however, he listed as a RW on the Q's site. Anyone know which one it is?

Thanks

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
i think you might have answered you own question regarding pat kane.you have to play at both ends of the ice to get to the the next level.one dimensional players don't make it to the nhl.

I guess that all depends on how large an area that one dimension can cover. This comes from McKeen's:

"early indications of his play make him a highly sought after NHL prospect, worthy of improving his draft position." 9/6/06

and another from the u-18

Does everything well however and has no real weaknesses in his game...boasts a great work ethic, never takes a shift off and always keeps up the intensity for both himself as well as for the whole team, as he leads by example...skills both offensively and defensively and is always very mature in his decisions with and without the puck .. a true two-way player, helps his team tremendously killing penalties and in his own end.

I'm not sure where you're getting the one-dimensional talk from.

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
I see, thanks for the info.

I have never seen Katic play. If he compares to Zids, is he purely an offensive defenseman?

I'm looking to draft the best defenseman next year in my keeper pool.

Pure skater, probably one of the best in the OHL if not the whole CHL. He sees the ice very well and is a great passer, he is an offensive defensman who is on the smaller side but he isn't scared to mix it up and doesn't back down and has some fiestyness to his play.

He should be a Top 4 Dman and a PP guy.

Redden Punches Faces*

On a related note, BigBobbyMac just wrote in his column that the #1 slot is most likely a 2-horse race between Espo and Voracek, and he doesn't even mention Couture once in the whole article. Is the sentiment that Couture is unlikely to go #1 a widespread one here, or did Bob just miss the boat?

Transported Upstater

No, no one even close. Of the top two guys on the ISS list, Petrecki will be an Adam Foote type, but won't ever score much. Katic is undersized and compares to a Marek Zidlicky-style player.

The thing about Katic that could make him incredibly valuable the way the game is played today is his tremendous skating ability.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Alex Grant is the one who is falling. Anyone who picks him up in the 2nd or 3rd round is going to have a gem. He does it all.

He has really picked up his game the last 2 weeks or so. He does indeed do it all...but he is not particularly great at one thing...that isnt bad, but i find most people dont notice him out there as much because he isntly overly physical, he isnt overly offensive, he just makes good plays.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
On a related note, BigBobbyMac just wrote in his column that the #1 slot is most likely a 2-horse race between Espo and Voracek, and he doesn't even mention Couture once in the whole article. Is the sentiment that Couture is unlikely to go #1 a widespread one here, or did Bob just miss the boat?

He talked about Couture during the pre-game of the Nucks/Wild game. He said he feels Voracek and Espo will battle it out for #1 and he sees Couture as "the best of the rest". His only qualm with Couture was that he doesnt do things at high speed, unlike Voracek and Espo.

That being said, he also mentioned that its October, and things can get pretty hellish from now until June.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006

:biglaugh: you are kidding right. Bure, hemsky,afinogenov, kovalchuk, gaborik, hossa, st.louis, sullivan. i guess they didnt make it because they are one dimensional players. if they just had some defense they definitely would have made the nhl:sarcasm: :biglaugh: there is even D-men thats one dimensional offensively. like visnovsky, gonchar,zidlicky. i really dont understand what you are talking about. that was just stupid.:shakehead

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
:biglaugh: you are kidding right. Bure, hemsky,afinogenov, kovalchuk, gaborik, hossa, st.louis, sullivan. i guess they didnt make it because they are one dimensional players. if they just had some defense they definitely would have made the nhl:sarcasm: :biglaugh: there is even D-men thats one dimensional offensively. like visnovsky, gonchar,zidlicky. i really dont understand what you are talking about. that was just stupid.:shakehead

Hossa? Hossa is one of the best 2-way forwards in the game.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Hossa? Hossa is one of the best 2-way forwards in the game.

ok sorry. i was just trying to take someone off the top of my head, but that was really not the point. i'm just saying you can play in the nhl even if you are one dimensional. and he is not one of the best 2-way players. he is good when i give it som thought, but not one of the best imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad