ISS Top 30 for 2007 -- Final Ranking

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hey folks,

Just want to let you know that our final ranking is not a prediction that the player will be drafted in that spot. That is our evaluation of the player. We fully realize that players will not go in that spot.

FYI, in our mock draft (done by our scouts -- not me, the editor), which is separate from our ranking, we predict the Habs will take Mayorov and the Leafs will take Gillies at 13.

Gillies @13 to the Leafs .. Yiles !!!

You know ever since Mark Seidel, former Chief Scout for ISS left you guys for the Erie Otters, the scouting has gone straight down the drain .. :)

j/k :sarcasm:

Gillies had 13 goals this season and 6 the year prior .. 29 goals over too seasons in the WHL .. Isn't there any concern that he lacks finish, or that he is just going to become a big banger at the next level.. Do you guys see his scoring touch improving as he develops as Power Forwards often do have a slower curve then most forwards ??

FWIW .. Seidel appeared as a guess on AM640 radio recently and suggested at #13 that Nick Petrecki should be Leafs selection as that is BPA at 13th..

Last edited:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Hey folks,

Just want to let you know that our final ranking is not a prediction that the player will be drafted in that spot. That is our evaluation of the player. We fully realize that players will not go in that spot.

FYI, in our mock draft (done by our scouts -- not me, the editor), which is separate from our ranking, we predict the Habs will take Mayorov and the Leafs will take Gillies at 13.
Hmm, let's flip those guys around. Leafs fans sound like they'd be happy with that too. Habs take Gillies, Leafs take Mayorov. Fixed. ;)

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Hmm, let's flip those guys around. Leafs fans sound like they'd be happy with that too. Habs take Gillies, Leafs take Mayorov. Fixed. ;)

Sadly most HF Leafers will be pleased with you. I am not- I will arm wrestle you for Gillies, though.

Nothing against Mayorov, he's just too big an unknown for me. With Gillies I like what I see (Mess is not very happy with me these days. In fact, he may be on a plane to Thunder Bay right now with the intention of destroying my abode, be it ever so humble).

:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad