ISS Top 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
Mathieu Carle from Bathurst definitely is worth a look also;he is the leader offensively on his team even being a defenseman...
He's got a ggod frame, improved drastically his skating and is using his body much better at 18....
He should be top-20 IMO...

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
chsb said:
Mathieu Carle from Bathurst definitely is worth a look also;he is the leader offensively on his team even being a defenseman...
He's got a ggod frame, improved drastically his skating and is using his body much better at 18....
He should be top-20 IMO...

Another scouting service had him ranked 39th overall.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Since this is a "sticky" and the ISS NOVEMBER ranking is just posted,I hope the HFboards editor takes out the October reference on this sticky and just leaves it as a sticky for the ISS rankings for the 2006 draft (we know it changes monthly)...

Anyway as to the November rankings:

Brassard still not in the top 15...given how well he is playing + the new rules emphasis on speed and puck-carrying over size,this cannot be right...big difference of opinion as Central Scouting pre-lim had him as #1 out of the Q over Sheppard...I cannot see why Brassard isn't the equal of Brian Little --both fast,skilled,but small...in fact Brassard looks like he has world class speed like Kessel and he may be even more slippery in agility--he doesn't have Kessel's shot but he passes so well and his vision/anticipation is top notch...

The 2006 draft may be weak after mid-first round--but I think if you add Brassard to the mix of the other centres (Kessel,Toews,Mueller,Staal,Little,Backstrom) that
looks like a decent crop at that position--I assume Sheppard is a LW as ISS places him...so that's at least 7 centres who should go in that top half of the 1st round...

I'm don't think Jordan Staal has Eric's shot or hockey sense--but he already looks stronger and he may excel even better in close...Mueller really intrigues me as a total package ...Toews got off to a great start,but has quieted down recently at North Dakota--so I wonder about his true offensive potential...Little and Brassard both will have to battle the small label--but they have great offensive instincts,but
my "hunch" is that Brassard will transition better as a pro in the NHL...

Default101

bigd said:
Dowzak is to 2006 what Heshmapour was to 2005. After watching a few NHL games so far this season I think scouts are going to put a premium on world class skating defensman. So far the games that I have watched the D-men are so afraid to touch anyone for fear of drawing a penalty. Slick skating forwards are going untouched to the net.

cue Mark Katic top 3 in 2007 :)

bure94

I hope Dave Nonis can snag Bryan Little somehow, that kid is going to be a stud center. I think he'll be bumped down to a #9-#10 spot because some team is going to pick a goalie before then.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Little is exactly what Anaheim lacks now: a playmaker center.

I would LOVE to see him picked by Brian Burke, but I fear he could be picked before Anaheim turn.

Staal Me Up

Jul 5, 2004
Van Riemsdyk, James

My friend was telling me about him. Is this kid from New Jersey? Around here at least say hes got a legit shot at making the NHL.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Surprised to see Vasyunov rising. I thought he'd fallen out of the first round.

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
Smithp said:
Van Riemsdyk, James

My friend was telling me about him. Is this kid from New Jersey? Around here at least say hes got a legit shot at making the NHL.
From Middleton, New Jersey. Going to University of New Hampshire for 2007-08.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
The best pure goal scorer in his age group. Doyle is a good skater with size and skill. His greatest asset is his shot; a pure sniper, with a shot recorded at 85 mph. He will push Patrice Cormier for the first overall selection in the 2006 QMJHL Midget Draft.

85 MPH for a 15 year old...that is impressive. The kid can absolutly fly as well.

BlueJays

Dec 12, 2005
Ryan White?

sbtatter said:
will be in the top 15 come draft day!!

Where is he from? What birth-year is he?
Stats? Inquiring minds need to know, thank you.

langdak

Dec 13, 2005
Langley, BC
After seeing Jesse Joensuu play twice now at the World Juniors i am surprised he is ranked in the top 15

Albeit i havent seen him play any more then those 2 games, but what i have seen, i have not been at all impressed

He doesnt look like he even wants to be there half the time.

Like i said, my evaluation might be a little out of line as i dont get to see him play on a regular basis, but if i was basing his talent on the 2 games i have seen him play, he would be out of the top 15 quicker then a fat kid on a smartie.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Fedoruk_#29 said:
Nice to see Nick Petrecki ranked 2nd for the 2007 draft.

He's a good d-man, but it's still a long ways away...

Next year is gonna be a tough draft. I can't believe they don't have Angelo Esposito in the top 5 that's ridiculous at this point.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
ktownhockey said:
He's a good d-man, but it's still a long ways away...

Next year is gonna be a tough draft. I can't believe they don't have Angelo Esposito in the top 5 that's ridiculous at this point.

well he's ranked #1 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->