ISS Top 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Interesting, Tysen Dowzak ahead of all of Maxwell, Fadden and Irving (although goalies don't appear to be included). I'm not arguing it (yet), but it's not what I would have expected. Also a little suprised to see Little so far down.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Rounding out the forwards ranked in ISS’s top 15 is Sweden’s playmaking center Nicklas Backstrom. His lofty ranking by ISS may surprise some experts,

I think they could stand to dismount from that horse. 15 is not lofty at all and I'll say he'll end up half that in top 8.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Greg7 said:
Interesting, Tysen Dowzak ahead of all of Maxwell, Fadden and Irving (although goalies don't appear to be included). I'm not arguing it (yet), but it's not what I would have expected. Also a little suprised to see Little so far down.
I predict Dowzak will fall to lower rounds. NHL scouts love his size but he won't be able to keep up at the next level. He will have a tough year in juniors. The kid is a project and needs a lot of work to be a top player. Johnson and Sanguenetti are the real deal.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
GagneOwnsYou said:
Good to see Sanguinetti getting some respect.

Most underrated player so far...Sanguinetti (yes he is that good)

Most overrated player (and by a large margin)... Dowzak - his size may fool some team into taking him in the first but my feeling is that he will be seen as an early third round pick by June.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
VOB said:
Most underrated player so far...Sanguinetti (yes he is that good)

Most overrated player (and by a large margin)... Dowzak - his size may fool some team into taking him in the first but my feeling is that he will be seen as an early third round pick by June.
Dowzak is to 2006 what Heshmapour was to 2005. After watching a few NHL games so far this season I think scouts are going to put a premium on world class skating defensman. So far the games that I have watched the D-men are so afraid to touch anyone for fear of drawing a penalty. Slick skating forwards are going untouched to the net.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
So many flaws in the article... I don't even care about the ranking anymore. Get an editor.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
bigd said:
So far the games that I have watched the D-men are so afraid to touch anyone for fear of drawing a penalty. Slick skating forwards are going untouched to the net.

Once the players adjust, that will change. The physical aspect of the game (ie size) will still be very important but you are right the skating angle, lead footed Dmen will not draw much attention.

Snoopy

Mar 5, 2005
Dowzak amd Heshmapour?

Have you even seen Dowzak? If you had you would know that he isn't much like Heshmapour other than size.

bigd said:
Dowzak is to 2006 what Heshmapour was to 2005. After watching a few NHL games so far this season I think scouts are going to put a premium on world class skating defensman. So far the games that I have watched the D-men are so afraid to touch anyone for fear of drawing a penalty. Slick skating forwards are going untouched to the net.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Snoopy said:
Have you even seen Dowzak? If you had you would know that he isn't much like Heshmapour other than size.
I've seen Dowzak play but i,ve never seen Heshmapour. They use to call Dowzak Icen Tysen because he didn't have a clue what to do. He would just ice the puck under preasure.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
no brassard .. hopefully it will stay the same and montreal grab him with their 1st pick !

If Brassard continues on his current pace, the only way Montreal will get him is if they finish between 20th and 30th.

Yes I think he is that good!

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Was he eligible for the 2005 draft?

No.
I've been hearing good things about Derick for a year now, I can't wait till the Sags play drummond so I can see him (and Latendresse too, of course.)

It certainly seems like he's playing like a top-10 pick right now, if not top-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->