ISS top 15 for March

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Hmm no change in 14 of the 15 prospects from February

The only change is Jiri Tlusty moves up into #14 replacing Ty Wishart and Derick Brassard remains #15

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
If any GM takes a risk like Vasyunov before the NHL, IIHF and Russian federation agree on transfer payments, that GM should be fired on the spot. No way Vasyunov goes before Brassard.

You can't rank Russian prospects based solely on talent anymore...not until an agreement is reached.

IMHO.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
ReLyT said:
The Blackhawks better not take Toews... and Gajewski should be on the undrafted list...

Gajewski is on the undrafted list. And why wouldn't you want them to take Toews? He is already a complete player with untapped offensive potential. Definitely has a bright future.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
ReLyT said:
We have enough allaround prospects/players... we need an elite goal scorer... Kessel is much needed in Chi-Town

I'm not sure why you think Kessel is automatically going to be the better goal scorer. In fact, despite being quite a bit younger, Toews has scored more goals in the NCAA this year than Kessel and may in fact be the more natural finisher.

I really like both players, but at this point, I'm not sure which player has the most upside (both look like 1st liners). Kessel might be a tad safer bet given his elite skating, but his hands aren't better than Toews from what I've seen.

zBearcat

Mar 20, 2006
Calgary
ReLyT said:
We have enough allaround prospects/players... we need an elite goal scorer... Kessel is much needed in Chi-Town

Isn't there history with Skille and Kessel??? If there is, it would be sweet if St.Louis picks up Kessel, that could develop in a nice divisional rivalry.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think if the Blues or Pens get the first pick they will take Johnson, just based on need. Someone can move up if they can, the Blues will be happy if they stay in the top 2 so they can make their own choice of forwards if they are #2

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
X-SHARKIE said:
I still like Kessel more then Toews, but without question the Hawks need to target a forward in this draft.

Hell why not go for the big home run and grab Staal?

The Hawks do love those OHL players... but I don't expect Staal to go that high...

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I still like Kessel more then Toews, but without question the Hawks need to target a forward in this draft.

Hell why not go for the big home run and grab Staal?

I agree 100%. If I'm not getting Johnson, I would have no worries about taking a flyer on Staal. With his size, skill, and pedigree, he could be in for some very big things.

Transported Upstater

ReLyT said:
The Hawks do love those OHL players... but I don't expect Staal to go that high...

You can take it to the bank that Jordan Staal will go in the top 5 picks somewhere.

CH Wizard

Okposo is a force offensively, I'll be pissed if Toronto drafts him.

Nice list btw. I think, Wishart shouldn't be left out of the list tho.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
Backstrom should be top 4 and my own #1 choice. Hes the only one who has not only been proven but also dominated among men.

Transported Upstater

The Great One said:
Okposo is a force offensively, I'll be pissed if Toronto drafts him.

Nice list btw. I think, Wishart shouldn't be left out of the list tho.

There are plenty of players I'd prefer over Okposo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad