ISS top 10 for May

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcilvan

Oct 25, 2004
I agree 100% with you markov. I definately don't think he deserves to be #2 as I'd have reservations ranking him in the top 4. I just can't see how he's more hyped than Johnson or Brule.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Nice to see Martin Hanzal make the 'rising' list. He showed me a ton of potential at the U18's.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
markov` said:
My comments about the list: the hype around Pouliot is ridiculous.

I sort of disagree. I don't think Pouliot has been overly hyped necessarily. Yes he is ranked number 2, but is he really hyped?? To be honest, I think Pouliot is worthy of this spot, where as a few months ago I didn't. He has really grown on me. The few times I seen him he really impressed me. He is really smooth and slick in every way, and I think his game will translate well to the pro game. I think Pouliot will show he deserves this ranking more so next season in the OHL. I think he will most likely lead the OHL in points next season. I could be wrong, but I'm usually not.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
BigAl said:
I sort of disagree. I don't think Pouliot has been overly hyped necessarily. Yes he is ranked number 2, but is he really hyped?? To be honest, I think Pouliot is worthy of this spot, where as a few months ago I didn't. He has really grown on me. The few times I seen him he really impressed me. He is really smooth and slick in every way, and I think his game will translate well to the pro game. I think Pouliot will show he deserves this ranking more so next season in the OHL. I think he will most likely lead the OHL in points next season. I could be wrong, but I'm usually not.

I don't know how a scout in his right mind can rank Pouliot ahead of Jack Johnson. After seeing him play at the Under 18, I just don't get how this guy can be picked later than #2.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Yeah I still don't understand Pouliot ahead of Ryan. Pouliot has risen ever since Sudbury was eliminated and he stopped playing hockey. Now that''s hard to figure out how he's rising.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Brule is a bit low... In the end I really think he'll be a top 3 pick. Pouliot could unseat him as the 2nd forward taken, but I don't think he will.

I don't think Bourdon goes top 10... unless a team really needs a d-man in the 8-10 range...

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Barnaby said:
Brule is a bit low... In the end I really think he'll be a top 3 pick. Pouliot could unseat him as the 2nd forward taken, but I don't think he will.

I don't think Bourdon goes top 10... unless a team really needs a d-man in the 8-10 range...

ISS has Brule at #3...

Dont worry markov, Pouliot will not be drafted 2nd overall. I can assure you of that!

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
markov` said:
My comments about the list: the hype around Pouliot is ridiculous.

I don't think Pouliot is over-hyped at all since no one knew who he was at the start of the year. He got where he is because of his play (which I really like) not because of hype. If anything, Brule is the one that's been hyped all year long.

faucon

May 11, 2005
Johnson after Brule ... why ?

I've the second pick in my league ... and I'm just more confused.

I need a good center and a good def. So, I just want the best player.

Now, Johnson is after Brule ... why ? What's new since last month ?

fred2792

Nov 3, 2004
Ste-Therese
Where Martin Hanzal could be draft? I love the way he play at the WU-18 Championships, but it is enough to be in the top 20? Just curious to see your opinion...

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
faucon said:

Look at the Centers available - Brule (,Pouliot) and Kopitar. Kopitar is at 6 since February - that´s not a 2nd overall.
So it depends on how much you like Brule. If you think he can dominate at the NHL-level, you should pick him. If no, then take Johnson.
I would take Pouliot or throw a coin ;)

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
faucon said:

Take Jack Johnson and run. He's as safe as they come, and the sky's the limit for him.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Fozz said:
I don't think Pouliot is over-hyped at all since no one knew who he was at the start of the year. He got where he is because of his play (which I really like) not because of hype. If anything, Brule is the one that's been hyped all year long.

I have not seen him do anything to justify a top 5 position. Brule and Ryan were real offensive threats and outscored Benoit Pouliot. And the fact that Pouliot just had one good year is a good reason not to take him before #5. Look how Ladd was drafted too high. People got excited about him and his only good year, look at how poor he's playing this year.

faucon

May 11, 2005
Hanzal ... #12

fred2792 said:
Where Martin Hanzal could be draft? I love the way he play at the WU-18 Championships, but it is enough to be in the top 20? Just curious to see your opinion...
For May, Hanzal is the #12 (ISS).

He was #27 last month ... big jump (+15) !

turnbuckle*

I agree with most of the list, including the rising and falling players. I would have added Tom Pyatt to the rising list however; I don't see how he couldn't have improved his low ranking with his performance at the under 18s. As one scout said to me after the tournament "that wasn't the same player I saw in the OHL."

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hanzal picked in the top 10 over Zagrapan, especially if there's a team looking for a big skilled centre, and what teams aren't? I would also not be surprised if Bourret cracked the top 10, and Bourdon dropped a few spots. Still, I think the top 10 list is pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad