ISS Top 10 for January

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
GagneOwnsYou said:
Bobby Ryan gets some respect :handclap: :handclap: .I've been saying it for months, as you all know, this guy is a top 5 pick.
Good call on Ryan.Bourrett is out this time,a little surprising.

AgentNaslund*

GagneOwnsYou said:
Bobby Ryan gets some respect :handclap: :handclap: .I've been saying it for months, as you all know, this guy is a top 5 pick.

what country is he from?

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
AgentNaslund said:
what country is he from?

Hes from the US. I saw him play last week and he looked pretty average. But he showed some flashes of brilliance. I could see him going top 10 for sure, top 5 is also possible depending on how he finishes the season, performs in playoffs and the teams needs at the #5-10 spot WHENEVER there is a draft.

faucette78

Jan 6, 2005
Finally Cogliano is getting some respect! He has performed as well or out performed everyone on the list at all major international junior events he has taken part in. I guess playing tier II has really hurt his draft status.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
where did they rank brian lee after the wjc. also can anyone help me out where skille, stoa, lashoff, frazee, macias, and any other highly touted usa players are?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Jungle Boy said:
Chris Durand at 10? :shakehead

Durand is worthy of being a Top 10 pick. He started the year late after an injury and has been very good for the T-Birds, one of the best teams in WHL.

I'm wondering where Setoguchi, McArdle and Price are in these rankings because any of those 3 could crack the Top 10 and should be sitting around 11 - 15.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Bourret has to be getting close to the top 10. The kid has 60 points in only 40 games with 22 of those being goals. He also hits like a truck.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
Bourret has to be getting close to the top 10. The kid has 60 points in only 40 games with 22 of those being goals. He also hits like a truck.

I believe he was in the Top 10 last month, but has been bumped by a few guys. Ryan, Durand and Latendresse have all jumped into the Top 10 this month.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
HabLover said:
I believe he was in the Top 10 last month, but has been bumped by a few guys. Ryan, Durand and Latendresse have all jumped into the Top 10 this month.
Why would be bumped....that is pretty stupid if you ask me since he has continued his torrid pace. Anothing thing that bothers me is that Cogliano can be on the riseing list when he hasn't done anything note worthy since their last list. He continued to put up points in Tier 2 hockey. That loses alot of credibility in my books.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
Why would be bumped....that is pretty stupid if you ask me since he has continued his torrid pace. Anothing thing that bothers me is that Cogliano can be on the riseing list when he hasn't done anything note worthy since their last list. He continued to put up points in Tier 2 hockey. That loses alot of credibility in my books.

Cogliano is still putting up points in Tier 2 and probably most of the time just going through the motions. He led the U18 World Junior Cup in points last August against the best '87's in the world on the way to a gold medal and previous to that showed his talents at the U17 World Hockey Challenge where he was 2nd in points to Brule, but led Team Ontario in the gold medal game with a goal and 2 assists and the title over a stacked Team Pacific. While a smaller player, you can't deny what he has done so far.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
HabLover said:
Cogliano is still putting up points in Tier 2 and probably most of the time just going through the motions. He led the U18 World Junior Cup in points last August against the best '87's in the world on the way to a gold medal and previous to that showed his talents at the U17 World Hockey Challenge where he was 2nd in points to Brule, but led Team Ontario in the gold medal game with a goal and 2 assists and the title over a stacked Team Pacific. While a smaller player, you can't deny what he has done so far.
I'm not denying what he has done at all but if he was going to be in the top ten it should have been at the start of the year rather then moving in now. There should be no way for a player like Cogliano to push Bourret out of the top ten without doing anything spectacular.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
I'm not denying what he has done at all but if he was going to be in the top ten it should have been at the start of the year rather then moving in now. There should be no way for a player like Cogliano to push Bourret out of the top ten without doing anything spectacular.

I haven't seen the full ISS ranking and I don't know if you have either but just because he's rising doesn't mean he's necessarily nearing the top ten.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
cagney said:
I haven't seen the full ISS ranking and I don't know if you have either but just because he's rising doesn't mean he's necessarily nearing the top ten.
I was wrong. For some reason I thought Cogliano was number 10 on the list.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
HabLover said:
I'm wondering where Setoguchi, McArdle and Price are in these rankings because any of those 3 could crack the Top 10 and should be sitting around 11 - 15.

Actually ISS is not that high on Setoguchi unless he really jumped up in their rankings this month. And I haven't seen McArdle ranked in the 1st round yet on anybody's lists, more of a mid 2nd rounder. Price would be the highest ranked guy for ISS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad