ISS Top 10 for April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Benoit Pullout - Sudbury Wolves

Pullout continues his rise in our rankings by continuing to improve and displaying abilities that should make him a superstar in the NHL. His effortless skating, offensive instincts, size and creativity all remind us of Vincent Lecavalier. The playoffs will be an interesting test for Pouliot, as he will be mauled throughout the post-season. It is our strong opinion that he will make the adjustment quickly and efficiently. The sky is the limit for this talented young star.

So that's how you pronounce it... :biglaugh: :D

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Mr. T said:
Benoit Pullout - Sudbury Wolves

Pullout continues his rise in our rankings by continuing to improve and displaying abilities that should make him a superstar in the NHL. His effortless skating, offensive instincts, size and creativity all remind us of Vincent Lecavalier. The playoffs will be an interesting test for Pouliot, as he will be mauled throughout the post-season. It is our strong opinion that he will make the adjustment quickly and efficiently. The sky is the limit for this talented young star.

So that's how you pronounce it... :biglaugh: :D

you beat me to it...

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
Pouliot like Lecav? wow, thats quite the comparison. I will say Pouliot is doing well in these playoffs, steady and getting points in very key situations. Staal at #7? gezz, this is looking to be a great draft for the Wolves. We got 3 other players that will get drafted - Adam Mcquiad (who cracked his jaw on Saturday night :( ) will likely go in third, maybe second, round, Kevin Baker(C) in the 5th, and Kevin Beech in the late rounds, maybe earlier. Beech is a very good goalie, with proper development, he could be a solid NHL starter someday imo....

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Where do you guys think Kopitar will go whenever there is a draft? I lookein the mock draft thread and he was selected to go 10th overall but I think he could go higher then that.

Pullout :biglaugh:

Safir*

ISS said:
Anze Kopitar - Sodertalje

This big center is a stud prospect. Kopitar has the physical tools and instincts, and he doesn’t need much room to operate. He can score in a variety of ways, including beating defenders off the rush or using his accurate shot and great touch around net. Kopitar always seems to get open in scoring territory at the right moment. He was a dominating force in the Superelite league, leading the league with 45 points in only 29 games. He displays good character both on and off the ice, is humble and has no ego problem. Kopitar is truly a great teammate.

I'm liking this guy more and more. :)

:handclap:

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
yes, but it still is like comparing apples to oranges. The Attack are an offense first team, hence why Ryan has good numbers. Pouliot is on a defensive team (185 GAA or around that this season, top 5 in the OHL). If the Wolves where more offensive minded, there no doubt in my mind that Pouliot would get higher numbers.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
markov` said:
Pouliot shouldn't be in the top five, let alone number two.

My guess is the list is based on long-term potential, not on actual results. Let's not put too much stock in junior statistics... in terms of skill, it is clear to most scouts that Pouliot is the more impressive prospect, and that alone will make him a top 5 selection at the upcoming draft. There's also the fact that he seems to be a more well-rounded player than Ryan at this stage.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
In their March Future stars report.

He's the 4th goaltender on their rankings, going in the 2nd round.

Alexandre Vincent is their 5th and final rated goaltender going in the 3rd round.

Thanks. I figured he'd pass one of Levasseur or Vincent if not both.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chipchura said:
My guess is the list is based on long-term potential, not on actual results. Let's not put too much stock in junior statistics... in terms of skill, it is clear to most scouts that Pouliot is the more impressive prospect, and that alone will make him a top 5 selection at the upcoming draft. There's also the fact that he seems to be a more well-rounded player than Ryan at this stage.

I'm not looking at statistics when I say Pouliot shouldn't be top 5. I just don't think he's that special, unlike Brule, Ryan, Bourret and even Latendresse like have already said. The guys I named all have elite offensive skills, which IMO, Pouliot definitely doesn't possess.

You just pointed out the reason why he reminds me so much of Andrew Ladd. People said the same thing last year about Ladd... is a complete player and has a lot of upside. Those who know me know that I really don't like Ladd as a #4 overall pick and I had him past top 10 in my 2004 mock drafts. Obviously that means nothing and I could be wrong, but I just think Benoit Pouliot hype machine is just ridiculous.

X-SHARKIE

I love Pouliot.

He does remind me of Lecavalier/Marleau at times.

The big thing is his long lanky frame, he can dangle, but I really love his skating and the ability to raise his game. I love his shiftiness and agility for such a big man. He's an excellent prospect.

I also loved Wolski and though he was top 10 material in 04, so mabey I will miss the boat on Pouliot again.

But he's an exciting package.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
X-SHARKIE said:
I love Pouliot.

He does remind me of Lecavalier/Marleau at times.

The big thing is his long lanky frame, he can dangle, but I really love his skating and the ability to raise his game. I love his shiftiness and agility for such a big man. He's an excellent prospect.

I also loved Wolski and though he was top 10 material in 04, so mabey I will miss the boat on Pouliot again.

But he's an exciting package.

I agree. The one game I saw Pouliot play he looked alot like Lecavalier. They are both tall and lanky and was dangling all over the place with the puck it was nice to see. I think he's got tremendous potential and he's better then alot of people think.

markov` said:
I'm not looking at statistics when I say Pouliot shouldn't be top 5. I just don't think he's that special, unlike Brule, Ryan, Bourret and even Latendresse like have already said. The guys I named all have elite offensive skills, which IMO, Pouliot definitely doesn't possess.

You just pointed out the reason why he reminds me so much of Andrew Ladd. People said the same thing last year about Ladd... is a complete player and has a lot of upside. Those who know me know that I really don't like Ladd as a #4 overall pick and I had him past top 10 in my 2004 mock drafts. Obviously that means nothing and I could be wrong, but I just think Benoit Pouliot hype machine is just ridiculous.

I don't recall anyone saying that Ladd had a lot of upside, just that he was a relatively safe prospect with a very NHL translatable game. And Pouliot's offensive potential is why he's rated so high. I think you're really stretching with the Pouliot-Ladd comparison. They might have been in similar situations, but they don't seem like similar players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad