ISS Preliminary Top 10 for 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken McKenna

Mar 1, 2002
www.hockeysfuture.com
International Scouting Services has released their preliminary list of top prospects for the 2005 NHL Draft. The top 10 according to ISS are the following:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Gilbert Brule
3. Jakub Kindl
4. Jack Johnson
5. Ryan O'Marra
6. Guillaume Latendresse
7. Marek Zagrapan
8. Chris Durand
9. Michael Blunden
10. Niklas Bergfors

For a more thorough rundown of the top 10, you can read the article now posted to the home page.

ISS Top 10 for 2005

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
A lot of those names are news to me.

What's that Russian kid, Anikeenko at?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Jacobv2 said:
A lot of those names are news to me.

What's that Russian kid, Anikeenko at?
Actually I saw a Russian projection recently and he wasn't even in the top 5 Russians if what I remember is correct.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
I have seen 3 Kitchener Rangers games so far this year, including tonight's home opener against London.

Heshmatpour has looked better than Kindl in every game that I have seen.

leafaholix*

Juan said:
I have seen 3 Kitchener Rangers games so far this year, including tonight's home opener against London.

Dev Heshmatpour is eligible for the 2006 draft.

As for Cogliano not in the top 10, I guarentee he gets picked ahead of Brule. :D

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Leafaholix said:

As for Cogliano not in the top 10, I guarentee he gets picked ahead of Brule. :D

Dream on. Cogliano will never get picked ahead of Brule. Brule is a far better player than Cogliano. Many WHL coaches are saying that Brule is the best player to come to the WHL in many years.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Leafaholix said:

Heshmatpour is a Feb. 1987 - 2005 draft.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Juan said:

Heshmatpour is not even close to Kindl. Dev is not even a 1st round pick.

I do believe that Lashoff is better than Kindl though.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
George Bachul said:
Actually I saw a Russian projection recently and he wasn't even in the top 5 Russians if what I remember is correct.

Yeah. But it doesn't matter. Let's keep on rolling lists 2, 3 ,4 and 5 years in advance! It's useless but who cares!

Anybody know who is the best player in 2011? I really need to know, just because.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Juan said:

Your seats must be in a different section that my seats then..... Kindl has made a few errors, recovered from them, and has played very well. Hesh on the other hand, has improved from last year, but still has a long way to go before he should even be in the same sentence as Kindl.

I would say Hesh is our 5th D-man behind Benoit, Valabik, Lashoff, and Kindl.

X-SHARKIE

It's so good to see Johnson and Kindl (two of my very favs) get alot of respect.

Also, I couldn't believe it when I saw O'Marra at #5, because he's a guy who I had as a darkhorse to go alot higher then what others thought.

Great list ISS.

Although it's disapointing not to see another favorite of mine Cogliano on the list. S

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Vlad The Impaler said:
Yeah. But it doesn't matter. Let's keep on rolling lists 2, 3 ,4 and 5 years in advance! It's useless but who cares!

Anybody know who is the best player in 2011? I really need to know, just because.
Huh?

This is about this year's draft.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Vlad The Impaler said:
Have you been following the conversation or not?
Yeah. A conversation in which people are talking about some of the top 2005 eligible prospects.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Seachd said:
Yeah. A conversation in which people are talking about some of the top 2005 eligible prospects.
A conversation in which people are wondering why guys like Anikeekno who were hyped to go top 5 two years ago are not even in the top 10.

See Dennis Ezhov.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Moskau said:
A conversation in which people are wondering why guys like Anikeekno who were hyped to go top 5 two years ago are not even in the top 10.

See Dennis Ezhov.
The difference is Ezhov has already been drafted. This is one services rankings at the very beginning of the year. Whoever was hyping Anikeenko could still turn out to be right.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Seachd said:

Read the thread a third and fourth time. Eventually you should get it.

Don't worry, God didn't create us all equal but he loves you anyway.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Seachd said:
The difference is Ezhov has already been drafted. This is one services rankings at the very beginning of the year. Whoever was hyping Anikeenko could still turn out to be right.

Certainly, this is a possibility. Also, this is but one scouting service. Others might have Anikeenko quite high.

The problem is not with Anikeenko per se but more with the general directions lists tend to take invariably the closer we get to the draft. I just think the lists are a waste until the draft year begins. That's about the closest one can get to decent rankings.

This seems paarticularly true with Europeans, most probably because of the lack of information around here. Many of them are over or underestimated and the rankings change drastically in the 24 months leading to the draft.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Vlad The Impaler said:
Read the thread a third and fourth time. Eventually you should get it.

Don't worry, God didn't create us all equal but he loves you anyway

I got it. But, considering, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyway.

Vlad The Impaler said:
Certainly, this is a possibility. Also, this is but one scouting service. Others might have Anikeenko quite high.

The problem is not with Anikeenko per se but more with the general directions lists tend to take invariably the closer we get to the draft. I just think the lists are a waste until the draft year begins. That's about the closest one can get to decent rankings.

This seems paarticularly true with Europeans, most probably because of the lack of information around here. Many of them are over or underestimated and the rankings change drastically in the 24 months leading to the draft.

All true. Yes, it is one service. Although, I haven't yet seen one that has Anikeenko in the top 10.

And yes, things change. I think that's understood by everyone here. And we're still going to have this year's Card and Mailhiot and whoever else.

But I think the point is that some people like to pay attention to prospects whether there are changes or not. And if there are, some people like to pay attention to those too.

I guess I just don't see much of a difference between lists like this and predicting, say, the NHL's leading scorer or award winners. Anything can happen, it usually does, and people understand that going in.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Seachd said:
I guess I just don't see much of a difference between lists like this and predicting, say, the NHL's leading scorer or award winners. Anything can happen, it usually does, and people understand that going in.

I agree with you.

I think the lists are a valuable and interesting tool, as long as as they are reasonably close to the draft. I consider one year to be reasonable, so this current list I find pertinent.

It's more the early birds of 2005, those who started more than a year ago evaluating those (at the time) super raw kids that I find nonsensical.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Vlad The Impaler said:
I agree with you.

I think the lists are a valuable and interesting tool, as long as as they are reasonably close to the draft. I consider one year to be reasonable, so this current list I find pertinent.

It's more the early birds of 2005, those who started more than a year ago evaluating those (at the time) super raw kids that I find nonsensical.
Okay, I agree. I'd have no problem if someone were to (today) give a list of some players who they think might be guys to watch out for in 2006, for example, but long in-depth discussions aren't my thing unless we're getting close.

I remember watching Schremp in the 2003 playoffs and saying he looks like a hell of a player, and too bad he'd be long gone before the Oilers pick in 2004. I'm glad I was wrong.

Even the final rankings from all these scouting services or fans on these boards don't mean much. They're released right before the draft, but GMs make them (or themselves?) look silly anyway. Before the 2004 draft, I'm not sure many people would have thought Wheeler, Tukonen or Schwarz would have gone where they did.

But I still think it's fun to read these lists.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Leachmeister2000 said:
Where exactly is Coglaino playing this year. It can't be the OPJHL, he has nothing to prove there.

I believe he will be back in the OPJHL this year and off the Michigan for the '05-'06 season.

As for the list, I like it. I'm wondering where they have Kopitar, Korhenon and Lehtonen. I know that ISS had Kopitar in their top 10 last year, but it's very hard to get any sort of info on this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->