ISS November rankings

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
wow....big jump for Van Riemsdyck. I was hoping he'd fly under the radar so the Blues could grab him between 5-10.....

No way. He's going to challenge for the #1 spot.

The kid is the real deal. Super nice, too. I haven't seen him in a while but the last time I talked to him he was excited about all the press surrounding him. Here's hoping he continues to play at this level.

:clap:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So they actually dropped Kyle Turris 2 spots to #23 from #21.....proving that ISS sometimes gets it way way wrong...by year's end he's got to be moved up...last night he scored 4 goals in the 1st 2 periods to lead Canada to a 6-2 win over Russia in an opening night game at the 2006 World Jr. A Hockey Challenge Tournament...Turris will be a big star when he gets to Wisconsin next season ....I know the BCHL is not Major Jr. --but you cannot overlook a talent like this kid has...he is a special player...of course too many NHL teams AND SCOUTING SERVICES had HAVLAT ranked too low too in his draft year...muy hunch is ISS is too far off base on Turris--should be ranked much higher...

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
One of my sleeper pick keven veilleux rank top30 he going to climb to chart believe me also surprise to see gratchev at 21 and cant not believe esposito at 6th (thats the gaborik/kessel syndrom)

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
ISS, what' s your opinion on Vladimír Růžička? Does he have any chance to be
drafted in the first round? He' s big, very skilled, creative player, his stats in the
Czech U-19 Extraleague were similar to those of Voráček last year. Some people
here in the Czech Republic are a little disappointed he is not at Top 30. Is he slow?
Or too soft?:dunno:

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I've been talking up Moller for quite a while now, he made a big jump on this months list and expect his name to continue to move up.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
wow....big jump for Van Riemsdyck. I was hoping he'd fly under the radar so the Blues could grab him between 5-10.....

He's a beast and playing very well for the U18 team. I think he's a dark horse (or maybe not?) to be named to the U20 WJC squad this year.

patsfan29

Jul 30, 2006
Regina
well i'm a little disappointed (ans suprised) to see N.Ross fall back a bit but hey, finally Linden Rowat gets some recognition...4th in goaltenders....:clap:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
One of my sleeper pick keven veilleux rank top30 he going to climb to chart believe me also surprise to see gratchev at 21 and cant not believe esposito at 6th (thats the gaborik/kessel syndrom)

Espo dropped a hell of a lot earlier than Kessel ever did.

And I expect him to keep falling.

We might be able to call it the Evseev effect ;) (I doubt he drops THAT far, just making a bit of a joke).

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Biega is like a more physical c.higgins version /great skater,two-way can play center and lw and he's going to harvard next year to play with his brothers alex(buf 5th rd last year and what a steal he was by the sabres) the only reason i can see why is not in the top30 its because is playing high school hockey

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Suprised that Hamill has fallen so far, he was considered a top 10 pick in this draft a few years ago. Funny how things change. Tyson Sexsmith is another guy who i expected to be in the rankings.

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
ISS, what' s your opinion on Vladimír Růžička? Does he have any chance to be
drafted in the first round? He' s big, very skilled, creative player, his stats in the
Czech U-19 Extraleague were similar to those of Voráček last year. Some people
here in the Czech Republic are a little disappointed he is not at Top 30. Is he slow?
Or too soft?:dunno:

Ruzicka has all of the tools including size, skills, and skating, but needs to put it together. His lackluster showing at U18 8 Nations Tournament in Slovakia & Czech Republic in August has scouts worried. He has tremendous hands and handles the puck extremely well. Will need to improve his defensive zone play and to prove he can produce in a physical atmosphere.

He dropped from 36 in October to 42 in our November rankings.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
No way. He's going to challenge for the #1 spot.

The kid is the real deal. Super nice, too. I haven't seen him in a while but the last time I talked to him he was excited about all the press surrounding him. Here's hoping he continues to play at this level.

:clap:

last time you talked to him:eek: are you a pro scout or is he your friend or something like that.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
14 of 30 guys in the first round from the WHL ... 15 when you include Turris. :amazed: Bizarre distribution of the top talent this year.

The one guy whose rating I'd really disagree with is Repik - hasn't really progressed at all from last year, and his size and speed are both question marks. No way would I have him ahead of Moller, Sutter, or Blum, and I think he's a guy whose stock is going to take a big hit by June.

kblanch1

Mar 3, 2002
Manchester, CT
Visit site
Torquato dropped

Funny how Torquato dropped after "the incident" in Saginaw. He has been playing fine...but I wonder if the scouting services are taking it into consideration...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad