Confirmed with Link: Isles Officially Name Doug Weight as Head Coach

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
The original LHP was absolutely not feasable, and never going to happen.... but you always come into negotiations high. That was actually one of the few things Wang did that was smart.

Where he failed, and the reason the Islanders aren't playing in a new stadium in Nassau right now... is that he put all his eggs in the LHP basket. He was so desperate to get something done there, he lost all leverage of possibly moving into the stadium being built in Brooklyn (with hockey in mind), Queens or even Suffolk. Heck, it would have been torture for us, but he even could have used KC, Quebec and Vegas as leverage.

Once they knew all he cared about was the real estate, they held all the leverage and he was left with no other option than a basketball arena in Brooklyn.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
The project was feasible. Rather, it was marketed in various counter arguments who did not want it built as 'unfeasible' - again, these types of developments are routinely developed alll over North America, yet LI somehow found a way to come up with every reason not to do it and the 'people' took the bait based on all those reasons.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Nassau is dead to the Islanders, and it should be. I only hope that this issue comes back to bite them when one day, even the white collar sheeple in Nassau get sick of the corruption, the waste, and the abuse heaped upon them by the pols.

There should be many tar and featherings, one day, because at the rate things keep rotting in that county they will eventually reach a tipping point.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I think it is soon becoming time to light the fire under Doug Weight for the miserable powerplay. I recall this was his baby as an assistant and nothing has changed here. You can only blame the players so long when even up they are as a team better than half the league.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
I think it is soon becoming time to light the fire under Doug Weight for the miserable powerplay. I recall this was his baby as an assistant and nothing has changed here. You can only blame the players so long when even up they are as a team better than half the league.
Maybe they should hire a PP coach that has actually gotten good results at the NHL level instead of these retired NHLers who have barely coached at any level

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I know our head coach is still getting used to what he has in his team but unless #66 was hurting, when you dress 11 forwards and 7 defensemen, I think you can assume you will play your 11 forwards. #66 was not out there the second half of this game and the team looked tired and playing a defensive shell hoping not to squander a 2 goal lead which they eventually did.

On a positive note the Pulock move paid off on the powerplay and #6 presented himself ok in his limited minutes.

I

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad