Confirmed with Link: Isles Hire Lou Lamoriello as President of Hockey Operations.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
I'm curious if the jt extension and Lou are linked in any way. Ie. Would jt have walked without Lou...

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
guessing Lou is just here to ensure his son is going to be getting that GM job in a few years, nothing better than some nepotism to some unqualified person, in 5-6 years I am guessing we are going to be longing for the days of Snow as our GM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for the comic relief.

Reactions: Instant

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
I posted this in the prospect pool thread but wanted to ask here as well, what does Lou do with all the prospects of Garth? Especially JHS, MDC, Bellows, Aho and Toews and the Biggest one of them SOROKIN? Moving one these guys could speed up the rebuild. Does Sweet Lou move JHS? or Bellows and get a nice top 4 D-man? obviously more would have to be moved for that, but I can see Sweet Lou moving some younger guys.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Just listened. Nice to hear stan on the phone. I dont buy for a second that Lou needs time to learn about the isles and the players and coaches. He probably knows every players numbers on the team and half our ahl team. I said for the last ten year bill torrey should be running the isles from his couch in florida and would do better than snow. What a waste of twenty five years on garbage GM's

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Busting out the Sam Adams instead of the Rolling Rock?:thumbu:
Tonight it’s Two Roads Persian Lime gose to go with pizza and habanero sauce instead of this weeknight Narragansett Lager ($11.99 12pk bottles)

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
guessing Lou is just here to ensure his son is going to be getting that GM job in a few years, nothing better than some nepotism to some unqualified person, in 5-6 years I am guessing we are going to be longing for the days of Snow as our GM

You must be a blast at parties.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Most people happy with this move. Already seeing some of the "refuse to celebrate until I see Snow packing" garbage. No, this is a cause for celebration, because someone of Lou's stature isn't coming to the Isles just to play second fiddle. That much is obvious. Plus the announcement about him having full control, and this is a good day.

Also, BD Gallof upset at being irrelevant. Twitter is awful.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016

Attachments

• gmgs.jpg
    gmgs.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Jester9881

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If you're right, I'll never buy traditional ice cream from a movie theater and/or amusement park ever again.

P.S. Baileys $5m x 6 looking pretty darn good right now compared to Kane's $7m x 7.

10.5 per would be amazing. Same cap as Toews and signed a couple years later. That’s definitely a cap that won’t be crippling. Chia f***ed everyone up but jumping all the way to 12.5 for RFA McDavid. He’s worth every penny but man

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I can see the sit down with Weight now:

Lou: So, what went wrong with the team this past season?
Doug: We let in a lot of goals. Many games the other team scored more goals than we did so we lost.
Lou: Umm, okay. What changes did you make to let in less goals?
Doug: Oh, we didn't do that. We just tried to score more.
Lou: So you didn't try to lessen the goals against, you just wanted to score more?
Doug: Yeah, fans want to see goals.
Lou: That run and gun style doesn't really work in today's NHL.
Doug: I am for stricter gun control laws, do you really want to start that conversation?
Lou: That's not what I meant
Doug: It better not be. I have a temper.
Lou: Okay, Doug, just calm down let's start over. As coach how are you going to fix it this upcoming season?
Doug: Goddamnit if I knew that I would have fixed it last season you friggin' moron!
Lou: Security!

Last edited:
Reactions: MarsTBOW

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Which player goes out the door first?
I’m guessing Nelson

I posted this in the prospect pool thread but wanted to ask here as well, what does Lou do with all the prospects of Garth? Especially JHS, MDC, Bellows, Aho and Toews and the Biggest one of them SOROKIN? Moving one these guys could speed up the rebuild. Does Sweet Lou move JHS? or Bellows and get a nice top 4 D-man? obviously more would have to be moved for that, but I can see Sweet Lou moving some younger guys.

I can see Lou go after Kovy as a UFA, which could lead to Anders Lee being expendable in a trade for a defenseman. Josh Ho-Sang is absolutely on the block, as is MDC. I'm sure one or more of the half dozen unproven defensemen will be moved, and possibly even one of the two G prospects could end up on the block.

I expect a strong push for Grubauer or Rinne, as well as a top tier defenseman. I think he fixes the bottom six through free agency (signing a vet two way center who is good at faceoffs).

Sorry Garth. No more free meals at Chipotle for you.

Pfft.... you think he only dumpster dives for players? There's a reason he looks like he crawled out of garbage can behind McDonalds..... because he crawled out of a garbage can outside McDonalds.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Any comments from Garf or Doogie? Any comments from any of the players?

Company line -“I’m excited to get to work with one of the greatest hockey minds of my generation”

Amirite?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
This has been the best day to be an Islander fan in years. I guess this hasn't been fine for Ledecky and Malkin. It is about time someone gave a **** up there in the owner's suite. Let Snow serve hot dogs for the remainder of his contract. Now excuse me because I'm going to Disneyland.

Reactions: periferal

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Another reminder, Noah Dobson playing on NHL network right now
I'm the minority here and that's fine, but I think Dobson cracks the top five in this draft. I know, seems nuts, but...

That aside, I'm curious to see if Tavares is in fact signed what the hold up in announcing it is. Because that to me, getting Lou and signing Tavares would be some blockbuster news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->