Pre-Game Talk: Islanders vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Lee doesn't do much else but bang in rebounds. He is another player that can't create on his own. Id rather give the first line ice time to a guy who is constantly creating chances. Lee is still great on the PP.

That's BS. He's not skating it coast-to-coast, but Lee's emergence/breakthrough came at the end of the 13-14 Season when JT was Out of Commission.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Lee doesn't do much else but bang in rebounds. He is another player that can't create on his own. Id rather give the first line ice time to a guy who is constantly creating chances. Lee is still great on the PP.

No line in in the NHL is comprised of guys that can do everything. Most of you don't seem to understand what other NHL clubs are also icing on their first lines.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
what did Beauvillier do to deserve to be scratched three games in a row? It seems to be double standard with Weight ; Beauvillier must be excellent to stay in the line-up (just be good or very good doesnt seem to be enough) while a player like Chimera just have to be quite ordinary and it's all right.

And on the other hand, the other young players (Barzal, Ho-Sang) can be themselves. yes they can create offense but they turning the puck quite often too. (BTW, I'm for Barzal and Ho-Sang to stay in the line-up, but I just want to show what looks to be double standard by Weight and I dislike that very much).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Why does Weight seem to dislike Beauvillier? If anything, I would have thought Beauvillier's superior two-way game (at this point) over Ho-Sang and Barzal would earn him more favor with a coaching staff who err on the side of responsible play.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Why does Weight seem to dislike Beauvillier? If anything, I would have thought Beauvillier's superior two-way game (at this point) over Ho-Sang and Barzal would earn him more favor with a coaching staff who err on the side of responsible play.

He took a really dumb penalty in the last game he played, other than that, he brings some stability to all the puck carrying hogs. I think he won't sit Barzal because of the whole Strome thing.. JHS... fans revolt if he gets benched... Chimera, well if Chimera and Kulemin both sit, then you have a weird player beyond Clutter, Cizikas, Ladd, JT and Bailey killing penalties... not going to be JHS, Beau, Barzal, Lee, Eberle, or Nelson... and with 7 dmen that is what you have.... Beau pretty much seems like a victim of the roster configuration.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
He took a really dumb penalty in the last game he played, other than that, he brings some stability to all the puck carrying hogs. I think he won't sit Barzal because of the whole Strome thing.. JHS... fans revolt if he gets benched... Chimera, well if Chimera and Kulemin both sit, then you have a weird player beyond Clutter, Cizikas, Ladd, JT and Bailey killing penalties... not going to be JHS, Beau, Barzal, Lee, Eberle, or Nelson... and with 7 dmen that is what you have.... Beau pretty much seems like a victim of the roster configuration.
So then he should be sent down. The 13th forward should be for guys like Gionta. Beau should be playing, whether in Bridgeport or on the Isles.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I wonder how they line up tonight-
My guess -
27-91-7
16-13-12
14-29-66
25-53-15

2-55
44-42
50-6

It is discouraging to see that DW seems to not trust Pulock to play him regularly. His rhetoric says otherwise, but why else go with 7 D if you don't want a safety net or coverage in case Pulock can't handle d zone effectively.

I hope Pulock proves the non believers wrong and plays well in both zones, especially on the PP because we need it.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

Mark Parrish 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->