Post-Game Talk: Islanders 4, Penguins 1 - Where The Hell Is ColePens

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So, the NHL should accommodate the Pens because of this?

Maybe we should postpone these games until Geno is 100% to make it more fair for us, yes?

What?

I never suggested any of that.

Just that they generally do not show up in afternoon games.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This is why I hate when people refer to teams like we are personally on that team.
THEY should be ashamed. It's on THEM. THEY are very fragile.

Why the hell would I be ashamed of a team I have no personal interactions with?
Because you're supporting them and following them in some form or fashion? Do you buy any merchandise or you take time out of your life to watch games?

The Pirates for example: If you follow them it reflects poorly on you and your judgement as the deck is stacked against them in addition to having an owner who won't spend much of his money to put and maintain a decent product on the field. If you follow them you're stupid, naive and pathetic. At least that's what most people think. They're the laughing stock of MLB. Thank God I don't follow them any more. Talk about getting bent over year after year after year with no end in sight. That definitely reflects poorly on you (their fans).

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
What?

I never suggested any of that.

Just that they generally do not show up in afternoon games.
I believe they won two of their last three. One against Boston. And we didn't have Geno or Tanev. Maybe cause we were on duh road against a great home team?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Because you're supporting them and following them in some form or fashion? Do you buy any merchandise or you take time out of your life to watch games?

The Pirates for example: If you follow them it reflects poorly on you and your judgement as the deck is stacked against them in addition to having an owner who won't spend much of his money to put and maintain a decent product on the field. If you follow them you're stupid, naive and pathetic. At least that's what most people think. They're the laughing stock of MLB. Thank God I don't follow them any more. Talk about getting bent over year after year after year with no end in sight. That definitely reflects poorly on you (their fans).

Haha.. well that may be true. I don't follow baseball so I can't really comment. Used to be a braves fan as a kid... it was hard not to love that pitching rotation, glavin, maddux, smoltz etc etc

Lived in DC for a bit so I went to a bunch of nationals games, I could walk there from my house in 15 minutes.

I watch the world series... that is about it.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I believe they won two of their last three. One against Boston. And we didn't have Geno or Tanev. Maybe cause we were on duh road against a great home team?

Day games record for the season or several seasons would be more helpful.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ryder71

I buy a champion t-shirt when they win... and I have a regular penguins t shirt I wear until it no longer is acceptable to wear in public from the age of it falling apart.

That is about it.

Last 10 years I bought 2 shirts, when the nhl has that stupid 'is this the year' slogan and just a regular penguins t shirt. Come to think of it, I have no champion t shirts. Never have.

Found a mint malkin official jersey in a bid shop, paid 15 bucks for a 50 at least + dollar jersey. I gave that to my father though.

So yeah I spend some money... nothing major... doesnt mean I coach the team or play on it in which case i'd refer to the team as us them they we etc etc

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Haha.. well that may be true. I don't follow baseball so I can't really comment. Used to be a braves fan as a kid... it was hard not to love that pitching rotation, glavin, maddux, smoltz etc etc

Lived in DC for a bit so I went to a bunch of nationals games, I could walk there from my house in 15 minutes.

I watch the world series... that is about it.
Sounds like you have common sense. More than I can say for Pirate fans. What unremarkable and gullible individuals they must be. And if you do like baseball, at least root for a team that TRIES to win. Apparently provincial reverence for your local team doesn't much matter nowadays. You can like a team for whatever reason any where in the world. When I grew up that seemed kinda rare. Thats why I find it strange when people root for teams on continents they don't even live on. And aren't necessarily from the market in which the team they root for resides.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Tomorrow cant come soon enough and despite the performace yesterday I like our chances

IMO tomorrow can wait =P

I rather take a rest from the pens, let them go home and regroup...

Today is for watching the capitals either get embarrassingly eliminated in 5 or further beat each other up and force 6.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
@Ryder71

I buy a champion t-shirt when they win... and I have a regular penguins t shirt I wear until it no longer is acceptable to wear in public from the age of it falling apart.

That is about it.

Last 10 years I bought 2 shirts, when the nhl has that stupid 'is this the year' slogan and just a regular penguins t shirt. Come to think of it, I have no champion t shirts. Never have.

Found a mint malkin official jersey in a bid shop, paid 15 bucks for a 50 at least + dollar jersey. I gave that to my father though.

So yeah I spend some money... nothing major... doesnt mean I coach the team or play on it in which case i'd refer to the team as us them they we etc etc
Do you remember when Saints fans wore bags over their heads? They truly were ashamed. Some did it to garner attention, or poke fun at ownership. But SOME really were (ashamed) as they should be.

Pirates fans I believe are still suppose to wear masks. And if they're not they should be. And keep them on until they can be respectable.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sounds like you have common sense. More than I can say for Pirate fans. What unremarkable and gullible individuals they must be. And if you do like baseball, at least root for a team that TRIES to win. Apparently provincial reverence for your local team doesn't much matter nowadays. You can like a team for whatever reason any where in the world. When I grew up that seemed kinda rare. Thats why I find it strange when people root for teams on continents they don't even live on. And aren't necessarily from the market in which the team they root for resides.

Yeah it could be whatever reason a person follows a team. As a kid I watched the local teams, obviously, back in the day when there were only 20 some channels on tv you were pretty restricted unless you lived in a city with that/those teams to watch.

I was a typical bandwagon fan as a kid. Only watched what was good and entertaining. Started NHL as a brodeur fan and the devils winning the cup in 92 or 93 whatever. Then messier and the rags and the magic run for nyr. Then 96 or so a penguins fan...

Probably was biggest into hockey from 2000-2010 ... would know every player on every team in the league... I still do watch every pens game and other playoff games... nhl playoffs to me are the best entertainment value in the whole of sports. In my opinion of course.

Not really sure how we are wandering off topic here but... yeah... =P

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Do you remember when Saints fans wore bags over their heads? They truly were ashamed. Some did it to garner attention, or poke fun at ownership. But SOME really were (ashamed) as they should be.

Pirates fans I believe are still suppose to wear masks. And if they're not they should be. And keep them on until they can be respectable.

That is why they are referred to as fans.
Fanatics.

I'm not really a fanatic about sports. A spectator I would say.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah it could be whatever reason a person follows a team. As a kid I watched the local teams, obviously, back in the day when there were only 20 some channels on tv you were pretty restricted unless you lived in a city with that/those teams to watch.

I was a typical bandwagon fan as a kid. Only watched what was good and entertaining. Started NHL as a brodeur fan and the devils winning the cup in 92 or 93 whatever. Then messier and the rags and the magic run for nyr. Then 96 or so a penguins fan...

Probably was biggest into hockey from 2000-2010 ... would know every player on every team in the league... I still do watch every pens game and other playoff games... nhl playoffs to me are the best entertainment value in the whole of sports. In my opinion of course.

Not really sure how we are wandering off topic here but... yeah... =P
I don't really like Bandwagon fans either. You need to stick with your team through good and bad UNLESS they aren't trying to win. And that doesn't mean they shouldn't lose a lot at times. I was rooting for the Pens to lose every game down the stretch in '84 because we all knew (or at least hardcore guys) of Mario. Then, you wanted to lose! It's ok to have a few bad seasons, as long as your long term goal is to win and be competitive.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
That is why they are referred to as fans.
Fanatics.

I'm not really a fanatic about sports. A spectator I would say.
Then I would say our interaction should end. You're simply not passionate enough for me and my liking. You can show yourself out now.

Reactions: LOGiK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m going to post this but it doesn’t mean I think yesterday’s loss was on Jarry...I don’t...I do agree that if the playoff matchup between Sorokin and Jarry tips in Sorokin’s favor, the Pens will be out...I originally picked the Pens in 7 but if Jarry doesn’t start saving more of those glove high saves, I’m going with Isles in 6...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't really like Bandwagon fans either. You need to stick with your team through good and bad UNLESS they aren't trying to win. And that doesn't mean they shouldn't lose a lot at times. I was rooting for the Pens to lose every game down the stretch in '84 because we all knew (or at least hardcore guys) of Mario. Then, you wanted to lose! It's ok to have a few bad seasons, as long as your long term goal is to win and be competitive.

As a kid who wants to watch losing teams over and over and over?

That kinda seems like... I donno... just a negative environment...

I donno...

Then I would say our interaction should end. You're simply not passionate enough for me and my liking. You can show yourself out now.

haha... sorry man... :(

Reactions: Ryder71

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I’m going to post this but it doesn’t mean I think yesterday’s loss was on Jarry...I don’t...I do agree that if the playoff matchup between Sorokin and Jarry tips in Sorokin’s favor, the Pens will be out...I originally picked the Pens in 7 but if Jarry doesn’t start saving more of those glove high saves, I’m going with Isles in 6...

Without the two goals off of penguins players... still 2-1.

Jarry is low on my list of blame placement for yesterday.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Jarry was far from good in games 3/4. He was good in game 2. His play has been well below what is needed in the playoffs.

Jarry has had zero help in games 2, 3 and 4. People are letting his game 1 performance cloud their judgement on how he’s performed over the other games. Jarry has been good outside of game 1

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Without the two goals off of penguins players... still 2-1.

Jarry is low on my list of blame placement for yesterday.

I never said he was....doesn’t mean they don’t need more out of him if they want to advance....Isles play a style that isolates their goalies from good looks...the Pens play a style that can often result in odd man rushes against...unfortunately that’s reality...Jarry is really gonna have to come up big because, as we can see with L1, we’re not going to get freebie goalies against Sorokin like we did with Varlamov

Reactions: LOGiK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad