Recalled/Assigned: Isaak Phillips Recalled from Rockford

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Now, now. This happened yesterday. But no thread for this?! Come on, guys! Slackers! :sarcasm:

Anyway, he played today and had 17:40 TOI and was only -1 which seems incredible in a 6-0 loss lol.

Looking at the rest of the preseason games, he seems to be one of the only D-men consistently registering Takeaways. No surprise to me.

I'm sure he was just recalled to get in the final Preseason game after the Stillman trade. I think of the kids, Regula is most likely to make the team. But I wouldn't mind seeing Isaak getting some games to start the Regular Season while some of the other defensemen heal up. Once McCabe, Murphy, C.Jones are all 100% ready to go, he can come back to Rockford and cement that top pairing. Not sure who his partner will be while Ian Mitchell is recovering. Stay tuned

52075015647_f5044c4454_k.jpg

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
We were all waiting for you to do it, Courts. Felt wrong for anyone else to make this thread.
My apologies, then. I have arrived!

He's just a boring solid bottom pair guy. He should be up if it was based on merit.
Isaak is not boring! Watching him win board battles is fun.

Also, when he's battling a guy for the puck and is done dealing with him and just shoves him to the ice and skates away with the puck. It's hilarious and I love it.

He also has decent offensive instincts but is never used in a role to show that off. It bugs me. But oh well.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
My apologies, then. I have arrived!

Isaak is not boring! Watching him win board battles is fun.

Also, when he's battling a guy for the puck and is done dealing with him and just shoves him to the ice and skates away with the puck. It's hilarious and I love it.

He also has decent offensive instincts but is never used in a role to show that off. It bugs me. But oh well.
Boring in a bottom pairing defenseman is a good thing. I'm talking about at this level. I liked Phillips before it was cool but the guy is what he is.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad