Proposal: is towes moveable if the team taking him took seabrook

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If Chicago did not retain, could a team give the hawks peanuts for towes if taking the full hit on seabrook? Say 2 or 3 prospects only?

Seems that seabrook contract is buyout proof.
I'm sorry....you aren't suggesting a team take on 18 million dollars are you?
Maybe toss in your two best young players, 2 best prospects and your next 4 first round picks, too :laugh:

vatali

Life Long Slacker
May 27, 2005
Middle of nowhere
I'm sorry....you aren't suggesting a team take on 18 million dollars are you?
Maybe toss in your two best young players, 2 best prospects and your next 4 first round picks, too :laugh:

Yes I am. lets say the Sharks offer Paul Martin, a B level prospect ( say noah rod) and some other peanuts for towes and seabrook with no retention, would Chicago bite? Sharks could absorb the 18M and replace thornton with towes.

I'm not saying its realistic, I'm saying there are positions where teams could take the hit.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Yes I am. lets say the Sharks offer Paul Martin, a B level prospect ( say noah rod) and some other peanuts for towes and seabrook with no retention, would Chicago bite? Sharks could absorb the 18M and replace thornton with towes.

I'm not saying its realistic, I'm saying there are positions where teams could take the hit.
Is Chicago adding Debrinecat and your first round pick too? Nobody wants Toews or Seabrook with those terrible contracts

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

I don't think the Sharks would do it because I don't think they'd be able to win while those guys are on contract.
Part of the reason for Chicago's success was these guys were on ELCs or discount deals. These contracts are back pay retirement deals.

Reactions: DarthProbert

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If the Islanders lose Tavares I could see them being interested, although Islander would have to dump a (lesser) bad contract back.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
No way. Maybe the Canucks take them to nurture their babies and it would cost nothing to give up. They have bare cash after their two greatest players retires. The habs are another team that could take them. They too have a lot of cap and a competing core

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad