Is this years Stanley Cup finals the one your most interested in during the cap era?

Is this years Stanley Cup finals the one your most interested in during the cap era?

• Total voters

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Brand new Vegas Golden Knights team vs. Alex Ovechkin Capitals. A franchise that has never won a Cup before now will win one. Is this years Stanley Cup finals the one your most interested in during the cap era?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Minus the Sabres appearances it would be 2019 will be the best when the Sabres sweep it 4-0:sarcasm:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It is full of great storylines that you rarely, if ever, see.

I think the best way to put this is, no matter who wins i’ll be watching when they hoist the cup, just to see all the reactions.

vuvuzela

Jul 6, 2010
I'm the most excited and honestly have no idea who I want to win. It's going to be especially sad if Ovechkin doesn't win the cup but the Vegas story is marvelous and I can't decide if the tears of Vegas haters (should they win) outweigh the tears of an aging superstar (should he lose). Part of me really wants to see the fallout from a Vegas cup win, that kind of entertainment only comes around once in a lifetime.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
No, because my team has been in 3 finals during this time, and those win easily.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Nah. All of the Blackhawks finals are about this pretty solidly.

And after those, I'd probably put Boston/Vancouver and Pittsburgh/Detroit (both) over this one as well.

Still an interesting Finals matchup though.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
With others in terms of yes it is when you take out my own rooting interest in the ones involving the Wings.

Either way this is a great story for the league and I will be watching every second and enjoying it. I don't mind either of these teams winning.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
2006 and 2011 were good. 2008 and 2009 were ok. The rest were all awful watches.

I voted yes.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Interesting indeed.

Washington won an extremely strong East whereas Vegas won a very weak west albeit in a very convincing fashion. I truly have no clue what to expect.

EdzosCrayon

Apr 4, 2013
As a Hawks fan no because the three finals that involved my team are all clearly ahead. Even if you don't count those, I still think this one is behind 2011. That Canucks team was just so hateable. That was the most satisfaction I've ever gotten from a cup win that didn't involve the Hawks.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Inaugural franchise trying to pull off a first in major North American professional sports history

vs

Greatest hockey player in league history without a ring trying to bring first Cup to 44-year-old franchise

Easily the most compelling storyline in a while

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Nope.

Rangers fan. 13-14 was the most excited I've been for a final. First time in 20 years.

I am excited about this final, however.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
no because none of the best teams in the league (Boston, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Nashville, Winnipeg) are in the finals

rather, we have two teams that magnify the main flaw of the cap era, which is "it's all about momentum"

i'm just not a fan of that, sure i like an occasional Cinderella story, but i find there's something way off about elite teams being irrelevant in the face of momentum

Last edited:
Reactions: King 88

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I'd say i'm less interested in this one for maybe weird reasons...I'm happy for either team to win (albeit for different reason) while not having an emotional connection to either team (i.e. I'm not watching b/c I really want one team to win...or hate watching b/c I want to see one team lose).

I guess another way of putting it is...I'm happy for whatever team wins without really caring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad