Is this the most optimistic you've been about the Canucks since 2011?

Is this the most optimistic you've been about the Canucks since 2011?

• Yes

Votes: 62 49.6%
  • No

Votes: 63 50.4%

• Total voters

Zhaolo

Aug 17, 2017
But what about all the reputable sources claiming Jones was their guy all along?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Jones wasn't available to them at all until later. LA wasn't going to trade him to SJ. He had to be traded to Boston first.

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
Keep going racerjoe, this is entertaining stuff.

Next question which hasn't been answered: why was San Jose willing to give up a higher pick for Miller (a 35-year old goalie being paid 6 million who most Canuck fans at the time were arguing was worse than Eddie Lack) than they gave for Jones (who was much younger, and had a career save percentage above .920)?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Except that is not the order we are hearing things happening. What the report says it was this

DW: We want miller and will give you the 9th.
JB: No can do we will ride him to the playoffs baby!
DW: ok
CA:Wait you were offered a 1st?
JB: Yep turned that terrible down!
DW: He drafts using the pick that was offered.
DW: Then the next day trades for a young goalie.

this story has dialogue now?

i don't believe canucksarmy is making this up. i can't figure out between the options of (a) their source confused the year of the san jose draft pick under discussion (b) the 9th overall pick was on the table but only if benning traded miller and something else or (c) both dw and jb lost their minds and this trade was there for the asking.

i find (c) hard to take. if also find it very hard to believe if it is true that it would not have been widely leaked and commented upon. to me it's a headline story for any nhl talking head.

that being said, if ryan miller for a 9oa pick was on the table then benning was an idiot not to take it.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
oh wait, one other possibility is that this offer was on the table early in the season before it was apparent how low san jose would go.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
this story has dialogue now?

i don't believe canucksarmy is making this up. i can't figure out between the options of (a) their source confused the year of the san jose draft pick under discussion (b) the 9th overall pick was on the table but only if benning traded miller and something else or (c) both dw and jb lost their minds and this trade was there for the asking.

i find (c) hard to take. if also find it very hard to believe if it is true that it would not have been widely leaked and commented upon. to me it's a headline story for any nhl talking head.

that being said, if ryan miller for a 9oa pick was on the table then benning was an idiot not to take it.

I was just using the same format as the person I quoted.

GM's do stupid things. This would be a terrible move for SJ. We also have to take hindsight out of it, and assume Jones would not have been made available to them. What would they pay for what they believe to be a top rated goalie?

I agree there is still parts of this story we need more info on, but I have no reason to doubt it especially with some other things.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I am not optimistic about this season, in terms of winning a cup. But it will be some time until we contend for a cup, maybe 3-4 years as in Horvat Pettersson, Juolevi, Boeser at their peaks play, just like 2011 had our best players at their peaks. (Sedins, Kesler Burrows, Edler, the list goes on. Future looks good.

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
I’m optimistic that our young players are getting meaningful ice time and a chance to develop. I’m optimistic that the twins will finally be done in Vancouver after this season and the real rebuild begins. We are today where we should have been 3 years ago, had we rebuilt on time and all in. That still burns a bit.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
lol this thread

I'm optimistic about the Canucks because realistically I'll probably only live for 40-50 more years before I'm dead and I don't have to think about this team anymore

Reactions: MS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->