Post-Game Talk: IS THIS A GOOD ENOUGH PGT THREAD FOR YA BRUINS?! LEAFS WIN 4-2!

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
What a game. This was a must win and glad we got it. Game 4 is going to be that much tougher and I expect a better Boston team. We need to even up this series bad going back to Boston. 1 win at a time.

Need to clean up those turnovers, PK was a mess again, and Andersen's huge save doesn't erase his earlier shakiness. Hopefully that gives him the confidence going forward but too many pucks were bouncing off of him.

Thursday can't come soon enough!

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
My three stars would have been Freddie, Rielly, and Gardiner.

Gardiner played amazing as well and saved at least two goals, Rielly was all over the ice tonight and Andersen settled down after allowing two terrible goals and redeemed himself with the best save of the playoffs.

If they score there, it would have been two very tense minutes for the Leafs.

Marleau, Marner, Matthews, Nylander, Hyman were all good as well. Bozak was good too.

TBH, the second goal wasn't exactly terrible. A guy like Chara, who is not renowned at all for his shot accuracy, roofs it from a near impossible angle. You can't really fault Anderson on that one, he's obviously playing the pass, since there is roughly a 1% chance Chara would score from there. Chara scored, he beat the odds. Can't fault Freddie on that one.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
My three stars would have been Freddie, Rielly, and Gardiner.

Gardiner played amazing as well and saved at least two goals, Rielly was all over the ice tonight and Andersen settled down after allowing two terrible goals and redeemed himself with the best save of the playoffs.

If they score there, it would have been two very tense minutes for the Leafs.

Marleau, Marner, Matthews, Nylander, Hyman were all good as well. Bozak was good too.
Gardiner and Rielly were the 2 best defenders on the ice. If the Leafs can say that every game they will have a good chance.

Another solid game by the Bozak line. Lots of offensive zone time.

Marner line was great and the Matthews line hopefully will get going too.

Also thought Moore played well.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
TBH, the second goal wasn't exactly terrible. A guy like Chara, who is not renowned at all for his shot accuracy, roofs it from a near impossible angle. You can't really fault Anderson on that one, he's obviously playing the pass, since there is roughly a 1% chance Chara would score from there. Chara scored, he beat the odds. Can't fault Freddie on that one.

Off of the back of Andersen's head too.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Kadri lives to die another day. I'm sure he's felt like complete **** the last few days, and he will channel his competitiveness into the game be an impact player in the back end of this series.

But first things first, let's take game four and square this up.

Reactions: Leafling

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
Did you see the sparkle in Lou's eyes after Marleau's second goal? He'll be back next season

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Had to PVR this one, avoid all media like crazy, and watch it later, but so f***ing glad I did! Just finished watching, f*** YEAH LEAFS! Crazy stressful game, Bruins had some really prime chances that didn't go in, but so did we, just awesome to pull that one out.

The Marleau/Pleks/Marner line was lit, did a terrific job against Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak, gonna have to keep that line together. The team as a whole did a good job staying out of the box, and the other 3 lines were all good too. Andersen let in 2 garbage goals, but then made up for it with some big saves.

This series is still gonna be tough as hell, we're still very significant underdogs, but if we can win game 4 we've got a solid chance. When Naz comes back, I think I'd go:

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Pleks - Marner
Johnsson - Kadri - Kapanen
JvR - Bozak - Brown

One shutdown line that's still dangerous offensively (Marleau/Pleks/Marner), and 3 other balanced lines that can score.

Reactions: IBeL34f

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Matthews looked possessed out there. Not passive, but literally like a freight training that thought the puck belonged to him. He brings that intensity, we win game 2.

Reactions: ThewThew

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Gardiner and Rielly were the 2 best defenders on the ice. If the Leafs can say that every game they will have a good chance.

Another solid game by the Bozak line. Lots of offensive zone time.

Marner line was great and the Matthews line hopefully will get going too.

Also thought Moore played well.
Moore was better than expected tonight. He's just got to play like that one more time before the dream returns.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Very excited to see this Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen line in game 5.

Plek having his beef with bergeron, matthews line comes out next, then these two high flying wingers with a center that can finish the next line...jeeeeez. JVR-Bozak have been playing just fine as well.

Just need to win game 4 and it's over. Very challenging task but I think we can do it. Probably will be a game that ends up in OT and about 7-10 posters ending up in the ER from heart and anxiety attacks.

Boston won't win the best of 3 against that depth. Krejci doesn't look like 2013 Krejci. Someone make a missing poster for him.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
Yeah. We have slugs on the PK. I don’t understand why Babcock persists with this PK group despite the fact that they are scoring at nearly 50% on the PP.

Put Rielly and Dermott out there on the PK. We need our best D to play on the PK.
guessing because they're far better at moving people from the front of the net and tying up sticks.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Great win, but still could be better.

All the D, except for Rielly, had mediocre to bad games. They all had at least 1 glaring giveaway that couldve been a goal. And while some, mostly Gardiner, made up for it with good play for the most part, those give aways are what the Bruins were capitalizing on the first 2 games. We cant make it that easy for them.

The forwards for the most part were great, Plekanec especially had a huge redemption game.

Andy, although he came up big when needed, needs to cover the puck on the first shot. Most of the Bruins best chances came after a shot on net where Andersen missed an easy catch keeping the play alive.

Last edited:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Some of y'all who doubted Babcock needs to give him credit, I know it's only one game. But Plekanec looked great tonight and seemed to mesh well with Marleau and Marner.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
After that horrendous game 2, Rielly and Gardiner really impressed me tonight. Plekanec stepped up in a big way, Marner/Marleau were both solid. Just need more consistency from Andy.

Zaitsev still doesn't look good at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad