Is there one player that could put us over the Cup/hump

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I think trading a guy like Trouba--for a "dominant scoring defenseman" like Sergachev from Tampa would go a long way to getting us over the hump. I think we'd have to throw in a pick to Tampa as well, to let Sergachev go, but it be worth it, and save the Jet's having to deal with his contract situation. You know--kill 2 birds with one stone.

Also it wouldn't hurt at all to bring up Roslo for scoring, and Lemieux for grit.
we already have a guy like that, he just hasnt potted one this year.

no way TBL parts with Sergachev. they need as much cheap talent they can get their hands on

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
We need an upgrade over Bryan Little. He is not playing to the level of a second line centre. I know Roslo is waiting in the wings, but I overheard Chevy on the radio stating they seem him more as a winger at NHL rather than a centre.

Jetshockey

Nov 13, 2017
We need an upgrade over Bryan Little. He is not playing to the level of a second line centre. I know Roslo is waiting in the wings, but I overheard Chevy on the radio stating they seem him more as a winger at NHL rather than a centre.

I would like to waive matthias to bring roslo up to see were he is.
Then if roslo doesn't look ready we have time to pick someone up at the deadline.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Little increasing his level of play to career average would be a bigger improvement than any forward we could realistically pick up.

Actually, f*** it.

EVANDER KANE RENTAL! DO IT CHEVY!

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Does Stastny fit the OP question?

For me , YES.

Just hoping all players are healthy at most 1-2 down (Except Helly). Because nobody goes through Stanley cup playoffs unscratch.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
A very good 3 C who could give the Jets a killer 3a / 3b line combination. Basically, a substantial upgrade on Hendricks that would also provide depth in case Scheifele or Little get injured.

Hmm... but we already have
Scheißele
Stastny
Little
Lowry

If all are healthy our C depth is the absolutely lowest of our concerns. I’d rather add more D depth.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Hmm... but we already have
Scheißele
Stastny
Little
Lowry

If all are healthy our C depth is the absolutely lowest of our concerns. I’d rather add more D depth.

Whileee 's was before we got Stastny. :)
So we actual upgraded from his initial request 3C.
We got a legit 2C that can play 1C as well.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I've been wanting a deal revolving around trouba/barkov. That would bring a good jolt (nothing massive) but creates long term stability also.
And then prying tanev out of vancouver to fill trouba's hole.

Barkov would be a dream, but realistically out of scope. I don't think the Jets could make a deal around Trouba and Barkov without giving up the long built depth and pieces of the future as well. We are talking about franchise center and personally I'd take him over Scheifele any day of the week. Selke caliber defence added with offensive arsenal that makes him a PPG player today. Still, can't but imagine what Laine and Barkov tandem could accomplish. Hmm, wait, I'm about to find out aren't I? Team Finland @ come World Cup 2020, yaya!

Anyway, seems as if the OP was talking about winning the Cup this year? While I see posts leading up to the more distant future. Yeah, I agree with the majority that the second line needs a center that isn't Little. That much is guaranteed and I've stated before that I really hope it would be Roslovic, because then the Jets would not need to give away assets. So far he hasn't been given a chance to even play his natural position, but perhaps Maurice is for once right and he isn't ready for the heavy lifting just yet. A few games tryout to see how he could fair would not hurt however and might show us a glimpse for what to expect come 18-19. Stastny would be ideal, but he is probably looking for a long term contract that is extended until he's ready to retire and that will not work cause Little has already been signed for the next six years. Imagine if they both started declining (not that Little can't turn the tide around or prolong it) instead of just one and all that cap hit the Jets had to carry. Would destroy the future more or less.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
A very good 3 C who could give the Jets a killer 3a / 3b line combination. Basically, a substantial upgrade on Hendricks that would also provide depth in case Scheifele or Little get injured.
You owe Chevy a hug!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad