Is there one player that could put us over the Cup/hump

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
More D depth the better imo.

EK would be great but not realistic. We could use some solid Dmen. If any more injuries hit our D core we will be crippled.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
No single player. The parts are there for the most part. For depth another d man and to go into the lineup a centre 3/4 th liner that can kill penalties, has offensive upside and can skate.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Replace Hendricks with someone who can play at a NHL level against other teams 4th lines for 8 minutes a night and we'd be laughing. Think we have the guys who could take on that role in house though.

Reactions: purdy44

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
No player can make a player win a cup alone,

Here’s how I see cups play out.

-Depth(in skill) 15%
-Top Skill 15%
-Coaching System(and how well the team plays it) 25%
-Chemistry 20%
-Luck 25%

But an Elite C or D would put us over the hump and in that contending position.

But for real I think if we give Roslovic a chance at 2C(I know it might seem too soon and too big of a role to take on but look how guys like Barzel, Boeser and even Connor took they’re rolls, and all three of them seem to be over playing expectations) and he succeeds(I think he would play excellent beside Laine because he’s a pure playmaker who can handle the puck and take it when he wants which is really what people are complaining about most when it comes to Little), no doubt in my minds Roslovic would not eclipse 60pts inbetween the 2 Wingers on our second line as well.

Next we need depth on the Defence, if we could somehow get a OEL we’d be a contender for sure and if we settled up our chemistry and overall play and went up a notch and got Doughty or Karlsson we should be favourites.. Bur the question is how do we get them? Trouba, Myers, Perreault(don’t kill me for this one, I only mentioned his name because we ain’t even discussing Ehlers or Connor without one of the last 2 D’s in the table) or AHL/Prospect Players

Here’s how I’d make the lines(without trades):

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler
Connor Roslovic Laine
Perreault Little Armia
Tanev Lowry Copp

Same Defence...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mbraunm

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
For the most part, Chevy has the pieces in place to have potential for a run.

However, PoMo is incapable of utilising those pieces effectively, nor making adjustments to almost any type of in-game situation.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Get an upgrade on Hendricks and a bit more experience for our core and we are good imo.

I hope Rosolivic can be ready to be that 3A centre next season.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think trading a guy like Trouba--for a "dominant scoring defenseman" like Sergachev from Tampa would go a long way to getting us over the hump. I think we'd have to throw in a pick to Tampa as well, to let Sergachev go, but it be worth it, and save the Jet's having to deal with his contract situation. You know--kill 2 birds with one stone.

Also it wouldn't hurt at all to bring up Roslo for scoring, and Lemieux for grit.

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
A healthy lineup with Jordan Staal would make us instant contenders.
Staal for 1st in 2018, Roslo and Petan.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
A healthy lineup with Jordan Staal would make us instant contenders.
Staal for 1st in 2018, Roslo and Petan.

I would agree, except Mo would likely mismanage a line up with Staal. I mean, it is almost impossible to mismanage the current line up, and Mo has figured out how to do it on a nightly basis-quite remarkable actually.

Reactions: purdy44

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
No player can make a player win a cup alone,

Here’s how I see cups play out.

-Depth(in skill) 15%
-Top Skill 15%
-Coaching System(and how well the team plays it) 25%
-Chemistry 20%
-Luck 25%

But an Elite C or D would put us over the hump and in that contending position.
You forgot the most crucial element....goaltending

Reactions: Hagstrom and GNP

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
2 center who has chemistry without players. Little will be really big issue in future. He doesn't have chemistry with out players, so i'm not expecting any success before Little gets traded. Another option would be trade Ehlers or Laine. Our Top 6 offense must have way better chemistry, if we want to even dream about Stanley Cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Narwian

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
2 center who has chemistry without players. Little will be really big issue in future. He doesn't have chemistry with out players, so i'm not expecting any success before Little gets traded. Another option would be trade Ehlers or Laine. Our Top 6 offense must have way better chemistry, if we want to even dream about Stanley Cup.
I don't think they trade Little, but a driving #2 centre is sorely missed. I really liked Little but he isn't getting the job done this year. A new #2, Little to 3rd, Lowry to 4.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I don't think they trade Little, but a driving #2 centre is sorely missed. I really liked Little but he isn't getting the job done this year. A new #2, Little to 3rd, Lowry to 4.

This would be even better option if it's possible.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I don't think they trade Little

A centre that they JUST signed? Yes, it's highly unlikely that he's traded at this point. Another 2C will be costly, especially if we potentially have a cost controlled one developing on the Moose.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Leon Draisaitl. I said this way way back. Little is not a number 2 center anymore. To be honest I think he could far better on the wing. Now to get LD its going to cost, Trouba, Roso, Petan Hutch etc they should all be in play. Having Schief and LD would cement us for years as a contender.

I still dont believe Trouba wants to be here.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Acquiring a two way center not as good as Scheifele but better than Little would be the most impactful move we could make.

Would be very very expensive but it would be what the Mike Richards trade was for the Kings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad