Is there an HFBoard equivalent for baseball?

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
Yeah, I've done some googling and internets scouring, and I haven't found any either.

I wish I knew more about running a board. I'd start one myself.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Baseball fever is probably the closest. It's set up the same as HF, but is quite a bit smaller (there's sub-forums for all the teams, main ones, history focused ones, etc.)

Everything else big is either team focused forums, or things set up like Reddit and Fangraphs comments.

Reactions: Mittelstadt

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
baseball-fever.com is maybe the closest to a traditional message board, I've been posting there for about 10 years.

r/baseball is very active, and despite my amount of comments there, Im still not in love with Reddit's format.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The way reddit is set up is annoying but really have no other choice than to go there.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
We need to make this forum better. I don’t know why it can’t be more like the main boards. I mean we need more posters that rep more teams but there’s so much more to discuss in baseball than in hockey.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
We need to make this forum better. I don’t know why it can’t be more like the main boards. I mean we need more posters that rep more teams but there’s so much more to discuss in baseball than in hockey.

Why does it need to be more like the main boards?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Why does it need to be more like the main boards?

More content and discussions is all I mean. This section is basically driven by the GDT. When that's not happening there isn't much engagement or analysis of things. Player polls, history of the game, stats discussions, etc. I would love there to be more of that but we need more active posters.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
More content and discussions is all I mean. This section is basically driven by the GDT. When that's not happening there isn't much engagement or analysis of things. Player polls, history of the game, stats discussions, etc. I would love there to be more of that but we need more active posters.

I mean those topics can happen in this subforum still but no point going crazy with it when we can name every poster that consistently posts here off the top of our heads. Hard to drive more activity to a hockey based site.

Reddit basically is the site to be on, except I hate reddit and that whole culture over there. I hate the site - think it’s hard to have actual discussions in there because it’s more about trying to be funny and get upvoted.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I mean those topics can happen in this subforum still but no point going crazy with it when we can name every poster that consistently posts here off the top of our heads. Hard to drive more activity to a hockey based site.

Reddit basically is the site to be on, except I hate reddit and that whole culture over there. I hate the site - think it’s hard to have actual discussions in there because it’s more about trying to be funny and get upvoted.

Yeah, that's how I feel too. I don't really go on reddit but on the few times that I have for random searches it just seems like a bunch of jackasses. I mean we do that here too but it's not the focus at least. I suppose you're right that the biggest issue is just needing more posters and then it would just naturally lead to more discussion and topics.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

You know what I want to see. Instead of one large thread for the regular season, what about a daily thread for the games that night. Granted baseball is longer than hockey but the mods can trade weeks or months. The thing with one large thread is just that, so much goes on and it's hard to keep up with on a daily basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad